help, installed radio no door chime or lights when door is open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
02 yukon.
non bose
has factory sub

i installed a pioneer hu and every since i have no door chime and interior lights do not come on when door is open.

i used an autozone wiring harness.
to get my speakers to work i had to hook up the remote wire to
the blue wire on the harness.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a interface module to keep door chimes and other features. I used a pac1 but there are other ones. Check your local car stereo shop or ebay.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '01 Denali, and still have my factory door chimes.

I spliced into my factory harness for the 3 wires I needed, so no adapter or anything, and I still have chimes.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power, ground, accessory. I'm running RCAs to my amps, and my HU doesn't have a dimmer, so those are the only three I need.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been gathering parts and what not for a little while now to install a new head unit as well as add siriusXM interface and tuner behind the dash.

This stuff is going into a 2002 Suburban.

My research led to me purchasing just a simple wiring adaptor harness and a trim kit of course.

I have not done the work yet, but as far as i know you do not need any sort of additional modules for chimes, etc.

For the most part you just solder/crimp/spade connect color for color on these.

I would suggest you identify all your wires from your truck and from your HU.

Basically just take your time and double check that you matched the correct two wires together for every function.

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check all your fuses on side of door and under hood?

When I upgraded my HU from what the previous owner had must have accidently grounded a loose wire and lost my door chime and door lights. After checking all the fuses twice I finally found a blown 10a.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I had a bad door latch. The door switch is built into the latch. Its probably just a coincedence that it went bad right after replacing your stereo. The door switch wire is a tan wire in the drivers door. Its also possible you have a break somewhere in the tan wire. You will just have to troubleshoot it with a multimeter.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
03 and up are the only ones that need a data/chime retention harness.. sound like scott is on the right track. also make sure your dome override button isn't on.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the interior lights not come on at all? Try opening all doors. Or will they just not come on if the drivers door is open?
And will they come on if you turn the dimmer switch all the way up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou