Help with Diagnostic Software. What to us on 04 Tahoe? PASSLOCK Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPiatchek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have recently purchased the VXDIAG VCX NANO for GM / OPEL Diagnostic Tool on amazon. I was hoping to use this communications adaptor to run Tech2Win software using a VM with Windows 7 32-bit OS. My problem is, I don't know what version I need for 2004 Tahoe or is that software would even be the right software to use. DO you guys have any suggestions or help?? I am having Passlock problems and cannot start my vehicle... I am in a pickle and need help PLEASE!! According to my research, I may need Tech2 and may a new ECU to reset the passlock system. Any help with either one of those topics would be awesome.

FYI, I have already tried the whole put your key in engine on for 30 mins then off 30 secs then on 30 min then off 30 sec then on 30 min then off 20 sec.. I don't even get a security light. I know it's passlock disabling the system though. My scanner says its active and the TDS is disabling the fuel system.

OP
OP
B

BPiatchek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. i had considered doing that. I did see this company. You send then your VIN and they program it to match. Do you believe this what I need to do or should I go another direction?

What about the diagnosis software? I’ve already bought it so I need to make use of it.. Do you know what version / software was used for that year?

Thanks for your time!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have recently purchased the VXDIAG VCX NANO for GM / OPEL Diagnostic Tool on amazon. I was hoping to use this communications adaptor to run Tech2Win software using a VM with Windows 7 32-bit OS. My problem is, I don't know what version I need for 2004 Tahoe or is that software would even be the right software to use. DO you guys have any suggestions or help?? I am having Passlock problems and cannot start my vehicle... I am in a pickle and need help PLEASE!! According to my research, I may need Tech2 and may a new ECU to reset the passlock system. Any help with either one of those topics would be awesome.

FYI, I have already tried the whole put your key in engine on for 30 mins then off 30 secs then on 30 min then off 30 sec then on 30 min then off 20 sec.. I don't even get a security light. I know it's passlock disabling the system though. My scanner says its active and the TDS is disabling the fuel system.
have you tried discoonecting the battery cables? remove them touch them together for a few seconds, then re-attach
and the relearn is 10minutes X 3 not 30 minutes x3, that could be why as well
but start fresh with the battery reset

BattleTank

Military
Reaction score
Any diag scanner on the market that may come close to doing anything with VATS, expect to pay thousands of dollars.
HPTuners if you purchase it yourself for $400 I think, you can turn it off yourself. Its what I use.

OP
OP
B

BPiatchek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the responses.. Yes, I have tried the usual, typical measures. Tired several times disconnecting the battery... both Neg and Pos. My bad, I did intend to say 10 mins on, 30 sec off. Actually, the instructions I read said 11 mins, but they also said " when the security light turns off" Which, my security light only comes on for a few secs when it fails to start then off again..

I checked on HP Tuners and aside from the $400, which is tough after already spending $120, cannot turn off VATS. I have an AUTEL scanner, which has been great in the past, but it does lack this functionality too.. That's a shame because it was $400 at the time... It does clearly say in the ending data screen VTD Fuel Disable "Enable" though..

So now that I have this VXDIAG tool in hand. Spent several hours today just trying to get it to work. I shouldn't complain because I knew going in that this not a plug and play solution. It's effectivley just a substitute for the $1,000 GM adaptor which serves as the comm device between your computer and vehicle. Getting Tech2Win and finding a license activation fix is hard... No luck yet. I have the software downloading and running on a virtual machine running Windows 7 32-bit. Still have to find a way to activate the license. I'm also having problems getting the VCXNANO Device to connect via USB to the virtual machine... The support on the website sucks.... I can still see value in it f you know what your doing.

i think tomorrow I am going to call one of these shops that sell ECUs and see if they can sell me one with the VTD or VATS disabled.. Still need a good diagnostic tool for the Tahoe eventually..

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HP Tuners is more geared towards tuning (modifying VE tables, transmission settings, etc.), but does actually have good diagnostic features.

As far as VATS, it's just checkbox you uncheck. So you just download your current tune, uncheck the box, save it, and rewrite back to the vehicle. You can watch a few videos, but it's pretty straightforward if that's all you are doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HandyHeather