help with stealth box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea i have the factory bose sub-woofer in my truck... i figured that was going to need to be removed.

I read that there was going to be some modification, Im not worried about that either. Once the box is installed, is there any way to tell from looking at it that any modification was done?

king 'kon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no you can't tell from the outside at all that it's been done. I think on the jl website it has the instructions read those before you start it really helped me out. Sorry to get off topic I saw in one of yor pics. you have the air aid tube is it worth it or should I get the whole cai

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Does the stealthbox require a specific JL 10"?

i dont have the airaid tube anymore. It made a huge difference for sure, no doubt about it.

However, when I had my truck tuned by Justin, he told me he was getting a "weird" reading as if the intake was not completely sealed. He told me not to worry about and he tuned around it. But I could never get it out of my head.

So I purchased one of those AEM knockoffs from ebay for $67 to the door. The assembly is ******* but the filter media is a little ******. I have been meaning to by an AEM filter but just never get around to it.

So, my recomendation... by one of those super cheap open air intakes from ebay AND buy either an AEM filter or K&N filter to replace the crappy one supplied. The price will be only a few bucks more then that airaid will cost you.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I cant wait to get going on this, I have been trying to get the info for a long time! plus i need a project, I am getting restless around the house. I built a lot of simple boxes, nothing intricate like the stealthbox though...

I wish the factory bose deck came with pre-outs... I want to leave the factory head unit

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
I cant wait to get going on this, I have been trying to get the info for a long time! plus i need a project, I am getting restless around the house. I built a lot of simple boxes, nothing intricate like the stealthbox though...

I wish the factory bose deck came with pre-outs... I want to leave the factory head unit

Easy solution get a Line Out Converter to add preouts to factory deck
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosche-SLC4.html?tp=2001

p142SLC4-F.jpg

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score

I just went thru this.

Added a 10 JL 10w1v2 and a kicker ZR 240 amp in my 07 silverado crew cab that has the factory bose system.

Used a PAC adapter to get preamp out puts off of my factory radio.

I absolutley love it. Its has added the punch and deep bass my factry sub couldnt come close to making. Sound quality is great and it syncs great with the factory highs.

Save yourself some headache , if you want a 10 '' sub add on under your rear seat. I bought a box that is specifically made to fit under the rear seat.

BTW anyone have a link to those cheaper EBAY Cold air intake kits??? Much appreciated.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I just went thru this.

Added a 10 JL 10w1v2 and a kicker ZR 240 amp in my 07 silverado crew cab that has the factory bose system.

Used a PAC adapter to get preamp out puts off of my factory radio.

I absolutley love it. Its has added the punch and deep bass my factry sub couldnt come close to making. Sound quality is great and it syncs great with the factory highs.

Save yourself some headache , if you want a 10 '' sub add on under your rear seat. I bought a box that is specifically made to fit under the rear seat.

BTW anyone have a link to those cheaper EBAY Cold air intake kits??? Much appreciated.

The under seat model is great in trucks, but not so great in suvs. Because well, theres space behind the suv. Before i went to a W7, I had a rockford fosgate sub in a box under the rear seat of my silvy, sounded good for what it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazmain