Hesitation upon initial accelleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Yukon Denali XL. When I accellerate from a stop, there is a pause for around 4 seconds and then it accellerates hard. A traction assist message appears on the dash during that time. Also, after just having stopped for a traffic light, the brake pedal will pop up against my foot like something mechanical is happening. Could these issues be related to speed sensors at the wheels?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best to start off with getting it scanned for abs codes, need a real scanner for that, but its way better then tossing cash and parts at it hoping its fixed.

things it could be, bad ground on the frame under the drivers foot area. or the abs pump module is broken. they are rebuildable even diy if your up to some soldering. it just sucks to remove cause it under the drivers seat off the frame. theres vids but them little torx bolts like to strip out due to being rusty most of the time.

my hoe does the same thing pretty much, if one wheel spins even a little bit the gas pedal goes dead for like 4-5 seconds. im pretty sure its my abs pump module, i found if i just turn off T/C it does not do it. we also have stability traction control. if you push and hold the t/c button for 8 to 10 seconds the dash should tell you stability control is off, or its not working like mine does. so i just push it the one time and off i go.

OP
OP
V

vicnation

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I'll definitely look into it. BTW, there are no codes in the system.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I'll definitely look into it. BTW, there are no codes in the system.
no codes with abs scanner? your normal scanner only shows P codes. abs codes are U codes, and are stored in a history part that the abs scanner can see. most of the time theres a boat load of codes in history, so you clear history, then drive and when it happens again, re scan and those are the relevant codes to follow up on.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Scottydoggs is talking about a quality bi-directional scanner. Not only does it provide you with codes that cheaper unidirectional scanners cannot recognize, it also allows to to actually test various modules on your truck to see if they are performing as they should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertLNM