Hesitation upon initial accelleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the light may clear on the dash, but that codes stored in history.
that's a maybe... based on numerous reports including my own experiences
obd codes are more likely to be stored as history codes, some times they don't save either.
and amazingly enough, sometimes cleared codes including history codes can be found even after being cleared
I have cleared history codes with the tech2 and months later, they just show up again out of the blue and "not" because the issue occurred again... just ghost in the machine

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a maybe... based on numerous reports including my own experiences
obd codes are more likely to be stored as history codes, some times they don't save either.
and amazingly enough, sometimes cleared codes including history codes can be found even after being cleared
I have cleared history codes with the tech2 and months later, they just show up again out of the blue and "not" because the issue occurred again... just ghost in the machine
only abs codes are stored in a history, i know some of your normal scanners on some cars will read abs codes, but they cant clear or see the history of every code thats been set over time.

if a abs code comes back after clearing, its a actual fault. even if its not setting the abs or brake light on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only abs codes are stored in a history, i know some of your normal scanners on some cars will read abs codes, but they cant clear or see the history of every code thats been set over time.

if a abs code comes back after clearing, its a actual fault. even if its not setting the abs or brake light on.
if the module is shorting it's not going to save anything, that's why I said "maybe" really depends. A lazy or funky sensor could also cause a problem and not set a code. you might commonly see that happen when coming to a stop and just before a full stop the abs activates and pulses the brake pedal, it's doing that because a sensor is not giving correct data but yet is not off enough to trigger a light or throw a code it just thinks a wheel is slipping.
I have seen both of these instances happen more than once.
other people have reported the same, abs light comes on and goes off, maybe random on/off, yet no code stored.
which is why I always tell people to scan while the light is on or before shutting it off after the light has come on
same with the traction control that is another self-checking system in general it only activates with wheel slip (other problems CAN make it error) but, once it see's all is well it's off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christianeckstein