HID Projector Retrofit Finished

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

EzMac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depo Headlights $120
Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Projectors $120
Morimoto H1 35W 4500K HID System $150 (Comes with a nice HD relay harness, but could go with a cheaper HID system. I've used the $40 DDM Kits before with no issues.)
~$320 total (TRS had a 25% off sale for thanksgiving)
Labor FREE ~5-6hrs :)

Rebel Rifle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EzMac, where did you get everything and do you have a link or idea where I could find instructions to do this? I have used the search feature but have not found really good step by step instructions. Thanks.

OP
OP
E

EzMac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
EzMac, where did you get everything and do you have a link or idea where I could find instructions to do this? I have used the search feature but have not found really good step by step instructions. Thanks.

Quick rundown:
I won't cover how to remove and install the headlights, you should be able to find detailed instructions for that.
- Open Depo headlights using either an oven or heat gun. Google for oven directions.
- Remove low beam bulb.
- Remove bulb cover, looks like a metallic cup in front of where the bulb is. One Phillips screw.
- Dremel down the post where the screw inserts into the reflector to make it flat so the projector fits flush. If you get the new Morimoto Mini H1 7.0, the stem should be long enough and no further modification is needed. If you want to use the solenoid high beams. Make a hole for the wires.
- Insert projector with one silicon washer. Feed solenoid wire. Tighten down lock washer.
- Wire up HID harness, ballasts, wiring and bulbs.
- Test mount headlamps and adjust rotational alignment, make sure cut off is level.
- Disconnect. Remove headlamp. Reheat and replace lens.
- Reinstall, wire in parallel high beam to solenoid. Attach other wires and remount.
- Find a flat wall and adjust beam height.

Very brief write up... Let me know if you need more details!

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring old thread, but what shrouds did you use with Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 projectors. There a few different ones to choose from. Thanks

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
im pretty sure you can use different shrouds. As long as the dimensions are the same it will work. If you give the retro fit guys a call they can pretty much set up your whole order for you and make sure you get the right things that fit with each other and fit your vehicle. Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
res51cue