Hidden Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been searching but cant find what im looking for only about replacing exhaust and such.

but has anyone and have pictures of thier exhaust set up without it exiting the truck. In other words, i dont like the exhaust on my Tahoe coming out the rear, its all factory, coming out the right side rear by the tire. Looks cheap to me. I would like rather to not see it. I dont want to change out exhaust or anything, just would like to get rid of the pipe showing from the rear.

Has anyone done this to the stock exhaust or i guess a/m one and have some pics of the rear of their ride. And where would you cut it at? I dont want exhaust coming in the cabin and all that, but not really sure where to cut it.

thanks everyone.. its a 05 tahoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a hacksaw to it, and cut it after the axle. or do what I plan on doing, dumping my exhaust right after the muffler underneath.

You can pay a shop to put a turn down pipe after the muffler, and remove the excess pipe or dead weight.

My plans are LPP long tube headers, with off road wye no cats, single 3" pipe, to a 3"muffler prefferably corsa touring, then a turn down pipe right after the muffler.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exit it at any point under the truck and if you drive with the windows down at some point exhaust fumes will get into the truck...theres no way around it.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do drive w/ the windows down all the time. You think the fumes will be bad. Im sure while sitting running i will smell it, but i just dont want to smell it all the time. I got a weekend car for that and its got full exhaust out the rear.. lol.

I thought about cutting right after the axle. Where it goes down then leaving it at that. Like almost above the axle. Or like your doing, just put a pipe on after the exhaust a turn down. Would the fumes be about the same w/ the turn down as with out. Never had a car w/ turndowns so i have no idea.

I kind of like the tahoes, turns down at the bumper and you cant really see it.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my 2 flows turned down just below the rear seat, the angle is steep enough to keep the exhaust off the rear axle but not too steep as to lessen flow and sound. There are some shops that won't install anything that goes against state law, and some states have laws requiring rear exiting exhaust.

B

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you want the exhaust tucked up just above the rear bumper, like on this Tahoe?

[YT]7lIiOjuXezU[/YT]

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my 2 flows turned down just below the rear seat, the angle is steep enough to keep the exhaust off the rear axle but not too steep as to lessen flow and sound. There are some shops that won't install anything that goes against state law, and some states have laws requiring rear exiting exhaust.

B

Do you have any pics of it? Here in Tx, i dont think the shops care, long as you give them money. Bunch of ricers driving around w/ no exhaust at all. lol

So you want the exhaust tucked up just above the rear bumper, like on this Tahoe?

Well i cant really see where the exhaust is on this one, but i like how "i cant see it" lol.. Maybe b/c its dark, but that one looks good. Do you know anything about that one or just a video you found.

I just want the RH side to look like the LT Drivers side, no exhaust showing and dont really have money nor really want to change the exhaust, all though that magnaflow video sounded pretty good, not to loud. ha ha

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
check local emissions. Some states have to have exhaust past a certain extent rear of the vehicle. If they dont comply it could cause you to fail inspection

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ride with windows down all the time as well. You will have no problems once your moving. Its many trucks running around with dumped exhaust, just take a look on your ride to work tomorrow.... especially alot of heavy duty diesels at that dumped underneath the trucks. I plan on dumping under the truck with no cats at that.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check local emissions. Some states have to have exhaust past a certain extent rear of the vehicle. If they dont comply it could cause you to fail inspection

thats not a problem for me. and i am assuming that as many trucks, suvs, ricers, everything around here, that have either no exhaust and obviously you can tell, and trucks dumped, tx, well houston, thats not key point in the inspection im assuming... I will have to ask my friend and see just to make sure.

I ride with windows down all the time as well. You will have no problems once your moving. Its many trucks running around with dumped exhaust, just take a look on your ride to work tomorrow.... especially alot of heavy duty diesels at that dumped underneath the trucks. I plan on dumping under the truck with no cats at that.

thats what im thinking, moving will be no problem, dont really think just sitting will be either. B/c if i sit long enough now, i can still smell it. Just dont want to drive around and smell it inside. (never had a dumpt exhaust)

well i dont work tomorrow. lol.. .but i know what you mean, they are around here all the time w/ nothing showing, or dumped or whatever. Oh and the diesels around here have the big 15" exhausts or the 18wheeler stacks.. lol

I guess now its just coming down to where to cut it. Havent been able to look recently, been raining. Right after the exhaust or after the axle, i guess right as its going down...

Any pics anyone?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Well been searching tonite since i have some time finally.. But found a few, not nbs tahoes, but same idea i guess. And some forums ive been reading, they say the fumes will be bad, and the drone, and to try to get the exhaust after the axle since tahoes are one big cabin.. well... i found these pics..

i kind of like this one. At the rear and almst hidden, just tuck it up a little more and id be set.. is this possible you guys think w/ ours... (if this guy is on here, sorry took pic from another site, but very nice obs tahoe)
exhaust005dumptatbumper.gif

same truck from side view...
dumpedexhaustobstahoe.gif

this is another one i like,
exhaust.gif

would doing it here, be too loud on our tahoes w/ the drone, or not really since its a stock exhaust..
exhaustrear.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou