HIDGuy.net NEW SLIM BALLAST HID KITS - LIFETIME WARRANTY - FREE US SHIPPING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just though I would add my experience to this thread since I just got my HIDGuy kits installed on my wife’s 07 Tahoe today finally.

My original order was on 6/28. After I received the bulbs, I attempted to put them in. I ordered the 5205 25W kit, and it went in relatively easily. The only downfall with this kit is that you have to splice into the factory harness as they don’t have a plug that fits the 5205 plug, or at least not in my kit. No problems other than that.

Now for the H11 low beam kit. I’ve had kits where the bulbs were a bit tight, but these seemed “off”. I attempted light force to get the bulb into the housing, and broke 2 of the 3 tabs on the first bulb. A quick email with no follow up. A few days later I decided to try the second bulb while I was waiting for their response. I found I had to dremel down the smaller tabs on the bulb to get it to fit. Then, why trying to get the bulb to turn/lock into the housing, the big tab broke off. I found that there was a particular way to install the rubber seal onto the bulb, and it wasn’t correct from the factory. After all this was said and done, I also found that there was no correct way to plug all the harnesses in on the kit!! The main problem here is that there is no instructions included with the kit, and the online instruction section of the web page does not work properly. I’ve installed many of the cheaper kits and never had a problem. After calling them, I finally got some answers. Apparently I was the only one that has ever had this problem with the H11’s, and I was doing it wrong. I told them I wanted two new bulbs, and they wanted to look at mine first before they would cover it. I suggested it was a bad batch of bulbs, but they said it was my factory headlights (even though the metal Phillips bulbs fit fine). Then when I question the harness, I had to also send pictures of it. Turns out, they forgot to include the H11 harness with the kit. So I wait a while since bulbs were on backorder, and then I had to wait for the harnesses. I finally received everything last Thursday, 8/11.

I go to put it all in today, and once again, I had to dremel down the tabs on the bulbs. I was able to get everything in and working finally, but I’m not happy with all the work on my part that had to go into it. So here it is 47 days since my intial order, and I finally have my lights working. I went with HID guy mainly because they are a site sponsor, had the 5205 25W kit for the fogs, and everything seemed to be better quality. Their ballasts do seem to be good, but the bulbs appear to be the same ones that are included with the $35 ebay kits.

Just my experience. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, just got my order yesterday.

Which bulbs go in the puddle lamps and licence plate lights as nothing is labeled? I have the ones with the 2 leds and the other bulb type with 8 leds or so.

3.gif

and asked if I was getting everything here so that mine would look like this (minus the blue, I want all white). I was told I was. However, what goes in place of the amber bulbs I have, these are only a set for the heads and fogs.

My order #s are 33880 and 33881.

BUMP to find out answer.

HID_Guy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just though I would add my experience to this thread since I just got my HIDGuy kits installed on my wife’s 07 Tahoe today finally.

My original order was on 6/28. After I received the bulbs, I attempted to put them in. I ordered the 5205 25W kit, and it went in relatively easily. The only downfall with this kit is that you have to splice into the factory harness as they don’t have a plug that fits the 5205 plug, or at least not in my kit. No problems other than that.

Now for the H11 low beam kit. I’ve had kits where the bulbs were a bit tight, but these seemed “off”. I attempted light force to get the bulb into the housing, and broke 2 of the 3 tabs on the first bulb. A quick email with no follow up. A few days later I decided to try the second bulb while I was waiting for their response. I found I had to dremel down the smaller tabs on the bulb to get it to fit. Then, why trying to get the bulb to turn/lock into the housing, the big tab broke off. I found that there was a particular way to install the rubber seal onto the bulb, and it wasn’t correct from the factory. After all this was said and done, I also found that there was no correct way to plug all the harnesses in on the kit!! The main problem here is that there is no instructions included with the kit, and the online instruction section of the web page does not work properly. I’ve installed many of the cheaper kits and never had a problem. After calling them, I finally got some answers. Apparently I was the only one that has ever had this problem with the H11’s, and I was doing it wrong. I told them I wanted two new bulbs, and they wanted to look at mine first before they would cover it. I suggested it was a bad batch of bulbs, but they said it was my factory headlights (even though the metal Phillips bulbs fit fine). Then when I question the harness, I had to also send pictures of it. Turns out, they forgot to include the H11 harness with the kit. So I wait a while since bulbs were on backorder, and then I had to wait for the harnesses. I finally received everything last Thursday, 8/11.

I go to put it all in today, and once again, I had to dremel down the tabs on the bulbs. I was able to get everything in and working finally, but I’m not happy with all the work on my part that had to go into it. So here it is 47 days since my intial order, and I finally have my lights working. I went with HID guy mainly because they are a site sponsor, had the 5205 25W kit for the fogs, and everything seemed to be better quality. Their ballasts do seem to be good, but the bulbs appear to be the same ones that are included with the $35 ebay kits.

Just my experience. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Okay, well so much has happened since we came about your issue with the H11 bulbs; with any manufacturer we have dealt with at times you have issues, and if parts sell out well it does take time because we have our own HID kits and Parts made, we don't buy from another local supplier like most everyone else out there does.

I see having to put "extra work" into it might be a bit disappointing but well we are sorting through the issue because now a days there are a huge bunch of vehicles that use the H11 bulbs so we have to catch up and make sure this is all resolved.

We do not seem to have many issues like yours to be honest but we have to deal with all issues according to the experience so hopefully you didn't take it too hard when we had to question it possibly being a mis-installation by your part.

As for the comment for the same bulbs as $35 ebay kits, actually still a big difference as for lifetime of bulbs and performance when used with our ballasts (6 years in the business with HID's on our side), but then again, you are entitled to your 2 cents.

If anyone has any questions let us know, we have all been missing from the forums because somehow our webhost had server issues, so our emails are down and along with that service to many other things, but we are back on.

"Freyguy", hopefully you understand most everything was handled asap as we like to do all the time since we do have many things going on. If you still need anything let me know, glad to help out and resolve anything.

- Oscar

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Ok, just got my order yesterday. First question, how do I install, I see (now, didn't when I placed my order) that instructions have to be ordered from your website, do you not have them posted somewhere online?

Also, which bulbs go in the puddle lights and licence plate lights as nothing is labeled? I have the ones with the 2 leds and the other bulb type with 8 leds or so.

3.gif

and asked if I was getting everything here so that mine would look like this (minus the blue, I want all white). I was told I was. However, what goes in place of the amber bulbs I have, these are only a set for the heads and fogs.

My order #s are 33880 and 33881.

I'm on it, let me pull your order up now that part of our system is back up and see what I can figure out for you.

- Oscar

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

BUMP to find out answer.

Okay, now your asking about the smaller bulb with the 2 LED's, those you should know what they are for because you did not purchase them as a vehicle specific item, so we have no idea what you might have chosen them for.

In your order you will have 2 bulbs that look like the ones in the link below ....

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=534_540_567_568&products_id=866

These are for your Tag Lights .....

As for the photo from our website you provided, the top bulbs which are normally halogen amber (orange), you can upgrade to LED and for those you will want to use what we offer known as the "Switchback" LED bulbs; I included a link below.

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=534_540_567_587&products_id=805

We are just adding many new options for those Switchback LED bulbs from white to amber, white to white, amber to amber, white to red, blue to blue, and more to come.

If any other questions let us know, glad to help.

- Oscar

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
With the HID fog kit do you have to splice into the wiring? So it is not plug and play.. Just wondering because I should have mine in friday

freyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my fog kit, I did have to. They do include the clamp on connectors and the spade on the ballast wiring harness. Just like this:
nLmzNx7vQFKbc4CKfxQKhwxbdPmIbCn3Dm94qwNqG-oikgdbKQ.jpg

I just put a bunch of dielectric grease on the factory plug so it didn't get too corroded in there.

HID_Guy

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the HID fog kit do you have to splice into the wiring? So it is not plug and play.. Just wondering because I should have mine in friday

Yes, for the 5202 HID kits we offer the T-Taps like shown below; every other company not even that, they offer just tabs that never fit.

And just to let you guys know, we have our final samples arriving for the Plug-and-Play 5202 HID harnesses showing up next week, which means we might finally have the correct harnessing that no other company offers.

- Oscar

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

On my fog kit, I did have to. They do include the clamp on connectors and the spade on the ballast wiring harness. Just like this:
nLmzNx7vQFKbc4CKfxQKhwxbdPmIbCn3Dm94qwNqG-oikgdbKQ.jpg

I just put a bunch of dielectric grease on the factory plug so it didn't get too corroded in there.

Yes, perfect idea to keep the factory harness clean.

- Oscar

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pissed.

Just little pissed right now. I would definately say this is not plug-n-play. Espesically with the paltry instrutctions you have online.

really, this is install help?
f73272ca5c3e921692fde5d0991102bd.image.611x550.jpg

This is what I have
ddd52537.jpg

What it looks like once I got the light off

a8decfb3.jpg
ec22647e.gif

There is no way that I am going to figure out where all those wires go. This is definitely more time than I I have today. Definately not the 30 minute install it comes across as.

So, I decide to go with to the Fogs, it seems I need to splice (Uh, Where?) I can not even find instructions on this.

Guess I need to know where I can get these bastards installed? Maybe someone in the DFW area that has done thse can give me some ehlp.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like one harness which plugs into a balast on each side. Each bulb runs off a balast. Doesn't look too bad.

It may be easier yo make the connections and then install as a whole. Never done one myself but if you lay it all out it will make sense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus