How to fix side mirror controller?

Are you having this issue too?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I have an '01 and the mirrors haven't been working at all in any direction, but they are heated and that works, so I'm gonna try this today after work and see if it fixes it.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I have an '01 and the mirrors haven't been working at all in any direction, but they are heated and that works, so I'm gonna try this today after work and see if it fixes it.

If the control doesn't work on either mirror, then its likely the switch. If none of the mirror directions work, the problem might be something else- board failure maybe. Good luck. Its easy enough to do to check.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the control doesn't work on either mirror, then its likely the switch. If none of the mirror directions work, the problem might be something else- board failure maybe. Good luck. Its easy enough to do to check.

Yeah I'm working on ironing out the little things right now before I get into modding the Hoe. I have to fix the switch, Blend Door Actuator, Rear doors squeaking when closing, Rust spot on the rear and routing the sub wiring properly. Minor things that are simple fixes, but I just haven't had the time to do and it's also cold out. Nothing is major so i'm not really in a rush either.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm working on ironing out the little things right now before I get into modding the Hoe. I have to fix the switch, Blend Door Actuator, Rear doors squeaking when closing, Rust spot on the rear and routing the sub wiring properly. Minor things that are simple fixes, but I just haven't had the time to do and it's also cold out. Nothing is major so i'm not really in a rush either.

I'm just finishing the laundry list of items with my hoe. The rear door squeak is probably the top of the door rubbing on the weatherstrip. Buy a can of silicone spray and treat the top section of weatherstrip. Squeak will be gone for a few months, when it comes back, just reapply.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's not the top, it's inside the door, where the metal piece slides into the door by the doorjam. I found a thread about it a while ago but like I said it's not that big a deal to me right now to fix. I don't notice it unless the kids are with me. I rarely ever go into the backseat so I don't really notice it.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't work going down!

Ok so I got home and started messing with the mirror controls. I used some alcohol swabs and cleaned the contacts and when I put it all back together, it worked!!! Except it won't go down!! DAMNIT! LOL. oh well looks like a new switch it is for me. At least I know the motors work in the mirrors. Woohoo!

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I got home and started messing with the mirror controls. I used some alcohol swabs and cleaned the contacts and when I put it all back together, it worked!!! Except it won't go down!! DAMNIT! LOL. oh well looks like a new switch it is for me. At least I know the motors work in the mirrors. Woohoo!

Carefully scuff the contacts with some sandpaper, clean em good and give them a dab of dielectric grease. I had to push real ******* my down position (the one that was giving me problems) the first few times, now its normal pressure to work it. Don't give up yet- it still might be OK.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carefully scuff the contacts with some sandpaper, clean em good and give them a dab of dielectric grease. I had to push real ******* my down position (the one that was giving me problems) the first few times, now its normal pressure to work it. Don't give up yet- it still might be OK.

Alright, I will give it another try after work. I gotta pick up some dielectric grease. Thanks again

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, worth another try- the cheapest replacement switch I could find was $50. Thanks go to Goldcuffs for pointing out it was a serviceable part. I wish we could more easily change the bulbs too! Have of my driver door switches have a lighting issue and I don't want to go balls-out and switch everything to LED.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, worth another try- the cheapest replacement switch I could find was $50. Thanks go to Goldcuffs for pointing out it was a serviceable part. I wish we could more easily change the bulbs too! Have of my driver door switches have a lighting issue and I don't want to go balls-out and switch everything to LED.

LOL, funny you mention lighting, Last night I just spent a couple bucks on some LED's for the interior. Going to try them out and see if it's any better. My Step/Courtesy lights suck so I got some LED's for them, also dome and map LED lights.

And My drives door switch lights up but when I use it, like roll the window down, it goes out. But if I tap the switch, the lights comes back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52