How to fix side mirror controller?

Are you having this issue too?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, funny you mention lighting, Last night I just spent a couple bucks on some LED's for the interior. Going to try them out and see if it's any better. My Step/Courtesy lights suck so I got some LED's for them, also dome and map LED lights.

And My drives door switch lights up but when I use it, like roll the window down, it goes out. But if I tap the switch, the lights comes back on.

Thats what my driver's door switches do. Work intermittently. Annoying as heck....

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carefully scuff the contacts with some sandpaper, clean em good and give them a dab of dielectric grease. I had to push real ******* my down position (the one that was giving me problems) the first few times, now its normal pressure to work it. Don't give up yet- it still might be OK.

ok so I finally got back to trying to get my switch working properly. I did get some dielectric grease and used some fine sandpaper on the contacts, it works in all directions pretty good except down. I have to press hard. I'm going to just order another switch one of these days. Not to big of an issue since I have the mirrors ajusted to where I need them. But Thanks for the tip NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I finally got back to trying to get my switch working properly. I did get some dielectric grease and used some fine sandpaper on the contacts, it works in all directions pretty good except down. I have to press hard. I'm going to just order another switch one of these days. Not to big of an issue since I have the mirrors ajusted to where I need them. But Thanks for the tip NC_John

Hey- again, props to Goldcuffs - I was just going to replace mine too until he piped up...

Mine was difficult to work down - had to press really hard at first, but after a few times it started working normally so don't be in a hurry to buy a new one. The cheapest one I could find was $50- and that's like 1/3 of a tank of fuel for us, isn't it?

I really like mine working down for parking assist when backing into spots- usually I'll go 1/2" from the curb on the right to keep away from whatever ******* will park on the left and try to ding my doors......

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey- again, props to Goldcuffs - I was just going to replace mine too until he piped up...

Mine was difficult to work down - had to press really hard at first, but after a few times it started working normally so don't be in a hurry to buy a new one. The cheapest one I could find was $50- and that's like 1/3 of a tank of fuel for us, isn't it?

I really like mine working down for parking assist when backing into spots- usually I'll go 1/2" from the curb on the right to keep away from whatever ******* will park on the left and try to ding my doors......

Maybe I'll give it one more try, but like I said, it's not to much of a problem right now. Once I adjust them, I pretty much leave them be unless the car wash moves them. I have some work to do this weekend and next weekend so I will get into it again. Headlight bracket came in, and I have some more LED's and my weathertech side deflectors are coming in today.

knoslf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having that same issue with my 99 Yukon SLT and am gonna try this today thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts