How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, it works great for me, but do watchu gotta do. I'm in NY anyway, so i got no worries lolol

00yukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow.. that is a great mod. the antenna does interfere with the smooth lines. great mod, will try it. thanks. great that its super simple.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to 05nali all my stations come in clear again. i did the same as him but justed a coat hanger. lol hood but it works

Last edited:

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I wraped some copper wire around the base and ran it up through the weather seal to get better reception. I get better reception than with the original antenna! Esky piece is on order...for now i put duct tape over the hole

I did this yesterday, but I used some light ga. speaker wire I had layin' around. When I would "seek", only two radio stations were in tune enough for the radio to stop "seeking".

Do you think if I used a heavier ga. wire it would help? I ran it up the molding and left 1/8-1/4" sticking out of the weather strip. Any suggestions?

Vincesrg03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you put a wire on the antenna ground, because when i did it, stations did not come in clear. I crimped terminals on the two ends and put them on the antenna with a nut. Then I stripped the other ends and joined them making a loop. Stuck them in the weather seal and works good. Even AM comes in clear. Just dont ground the wires, and you should be good.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Did you put a wire on the antenna ground, because when i did it, stations did not come in clear. I crimped terminals on the two ends and put them on the antenna with a nut. Then I stripped the other ends and joined them making a loop. Stuck them in the weather seal and works good. Even AM comes in clear. Just dont ground the wires, and you should be good.

All I did was put an eyelet on the wire I was using and put it on the stud that the antenna screws on to and held it on with a nut. Then ran it up the door seal like 05Nali did.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha thats great ill be doing this soon i hate my 'tenna

i think we are far enough away that ur wives nagging wouldnt affect me!:Handshake:

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

I did this yesterday, but I used some light ga. speaker wire I had layin' around. When I would "seek", only two radio stations were in tune enough for the radio to stop "seeking".

Do you think if I used a heavier ga. wire it would help? I ran it up the molding and left 1/8-1/4" sticking out of the weather strip. Any suggestions?

I would use maybe thicker wire and make sure you have a good connection. Mine was bad without a good connection, but its working great on mine still. I couldn't be happier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwas4here