How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what were you talking about a hole in the fender for then?

bthomas02tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did my antenna delete this morning!

It literally took me 7 minutes, and it looks a million times better! I only lost 2 og my pre-programmed stations, but never really listened too the radio anyhow.

The only thing left to do is snap in the solid panel when it comes! Thanks for all for pointing this out to me!

Can't wait to do more mods!

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much difference grounding the base to the chassis makes a difference, an also wonder if the mast touching the fender has any negative effects, maybe suspending the mast away from the fender a bit with some rubber grommets would be a good idea? Just throwing some ideas out there :)

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine isnt touching the fender...it rests in the rubber stopped alongside the fender. someone somewhere said they tried grounding it and it made no difference in reception.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Did this over the weekend. Looks good, but I didn't tell the wife, I'm waiting for her to notice and ask me about it.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ wifey notice? yeah right! mine wouldnt have noticed the rims and drop if i hadnt pointed it out! lol

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Haha.. I'm wondering how long it'll be until she notices it. She's the type where she just jumps in, puts the keys in and drives off.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
lol hahhah, im always excited to show her my new mods and she's just like for that you took X amount of hours, lol im like yeesssssss she's like oh i dont notice a difference go figure women !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tazmain