How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I did this the other night and just got done switching it back. I lost 5 out of 6 stations I usually listen to.

Has anybody tried some sort of fm booster or anything?

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I did this the other night and just got done switching it back. I lost 5 out of 6 stations I usually listen to.

Has anybody tried some sort of fm booster or anything?

I've been considering going back also and would be interested in the booster if there is one that has been tried and works. I haven't constantly lost any stations but one cuts in and out pretty bad and all but maybe 2 have enough deterioration to make me consider going back.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there are any other creative locations that would give better reception... under the cowl? along the inside of the windshield pillar under the plastic trim piece?
Do we know what is causing the bigger problem? Is it because it is horizontal, or because it is surrounded by metal?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we know what is causing the bigger problem? Is it because it is horizontal, or because it is surrounded by metal?

Primarily the latter. the former doesn't help much though.

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about easy ,it took me less than 5 minutes to do.Although i rarely listen to the radio ,i didnt lose any recepition,i always listen to my Sirius or Ipod Itouch.Very easy mod and it looks alot better . Thanx for the write up Narco

klownin04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for those of u looking for better reception maybe try one of these I have had a few cars where i shaved all the handles locks antenna and i have used them and they work great. I have a 87 buick t type right now that is all shaved and i have one of these in it under the dash and it works great. hope that helps someone
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Radio-Antennas,4586.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr