HVAC problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BamaTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post here guys, did a search but wasn't sure if the other answers were what I was looking for. I drive an 04 Tahoe LT with digital climate control.

This summer, my AC started blowing hot air. Problem went away after an overnight rest with the battery terminals disconnected, and I hadn't thought about it again until last night, when my heater started blowing room temperature air when the climate control was set at 85. It would blow hot air full blast at 90, but when I backed off the dials to 89 or 88, the cooler air came back. It is fine regardless of fan speed, from 1 all the way up to max, and it's consistent from driver and passenger sides.

Not sure if these issues are related or isolated. I'm good with doing my own repairs and I have a week of down time where I could replace actuators, etc. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

vmaxaholic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like an actuator or actuator control module. I have a similar problem with my '06 LT with the rear temp actuator. I'll see if I can find a link to a thread on this site that helped me out a lot.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...e-rear-air-has-no-heat-just-blowing-cold.html

If this link doesn't quite answer your questions, I'm sure there is another thread on this site that will. Also, try the instant messaging here. That's where I got the above thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus