Hybrid kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trilla_one

Reaction score
I would have liked so see their idea for the system. I've seen some stand alone 42v systems developed to be sold to manufacturers. usually a big alternator that's also a motor when acceleratings away. not much in the way of mpg if you added it on yourself thou. the real mpg comes from being able to run a different cycle engine, like a Miller cycle, which gives up off idle tq for mid range efficiency and then the electric motors cover for the low end. that's pretty much how everything from a prius to tahoe hybrids work. really hard to diy it, not because of the engine as much as the tranny tuning and the regen braking safely and seamlessly is kinda hard. and you need that charge the battery.

now being 4wd if you got really deep, and telsa parts are being hacked and used in all kinds of builds. it might be possible to replace the front axle/diff with a telsa unit and controler, find room for the battery pack bit enough to give a decent boost off line. go kinda like the eray setup. that would be pretty cool actually.

very indepth and over my head programming wise writing stuff to control everything over a can network using commands reals would use. but most of the DIY tesla stuff is coming from the European side of things. so I do think it would be doable and a fun project. Just byond me time, money, brain power and effort wise.
I think if the powers at be were ok with this technology happening it would already be a thing. They are hoarding all the think tanks in the basement

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if the powers at be were ok with this technology happening it would already be a thing. They are hoarding all the think tanks in the basement

honestly battery are the limiting factor. if you want them to last you basically have to build the entire system around taking care of the batterys. can't over work them, can't over charge them, can only use about 40% of the capacity, gotta keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

if we ever sort out batteries that aren't such high maintenance, you might see more stuff like this actually work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms