I have a serious problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it has no rust, it should sell pretty quick. You may have talked about any rust in this thread, but I do not recall. Any broken exhaust manifold bolts?

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No rust, and no broken manifold bolts that I've seen. I'm pretty particular about my vehicles. It's honestly a great truck and I'm sure I'll regret selling. I just retired from the Air Force and need to get rid of toys/hobbies.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My 2005 Tahoe Z71 has 166k miles and no rust and has 3 broken manifold bolts with 3 clamp kits. The bolt breaks are pretty common. You can take care of them religiously and still get a broken bolt or two or more. If all the way at front or back, the kits do a great job. The left rear fits the right front too. The left front fits the right rear too. I would look before a prospective buyer does. If the inner ones break, that is a whole can of worms. Lots of threads with plenty of ideas, here. There is only one thing I wish I did not have on my Z71 and that is a sun roof. I see you have one too. I like your white Z. Wish it was closer to Oregon.

OP
OP
EOD_Tech Infidel

EOD_Tech Infidel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2005 Tahoe Z71 has 166k miles and no rust and has 3 broken manifold bolts with 3 clamp kits. The bolt breaks are pretty common. You can take care of them religiously and still get a broken bolt or two or more. If all the way at front or back, the kits do a great job. The left rear fits the right front too. The left front fits the right rear too. I would look before a prospective buyer does. If the inner ones break, that is a whole can of worms. Lots of threads with plenty of ideas, here. There is only one thing I wish I did not have on my Z71 and that is a sun roof. I see you have one too. I like your white Z. Wish it was closer to Oregon.
X2 on the sunroof. It's functional but I'd rather not have one. That was literally the deciding factor between selling this and the 2013 Z71 (no sunroof).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme