I Still Love My Hoe.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelcityk9cop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 02 Tahoe is in the shop right now getting its yearly inspection. The bill is making me sick to my stomach at $890 but I look back and see that over the last 11 years and 70,000 miles i have gotten one hell of a deal.

Other than having to buy brake pads, rotors, and two sets of tires over the years, I have only had to make two repairs. I had to replace the two front window regulators. That's it.... in 11 years of owning this truck that is all I have ever had to do until now.

Today I had to replace a pitman arm and another suspension piece ...and a charcoal canister of some sort to pass inspection.

Yes... my truck is cranky some times. It likes to warm up a bit before the slight engine knocking stops... the steering might be a little tired on a cold day... but it has never left me stranded... it has powered through snow and mud.. it has hauled all kinds of stuff.

My wife often asks what I plan to do when the Tahoe needs to get replaced... get another is my only reply!

Rant over...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Robertabf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Love mine too!

I have an 05 Tahoe that I bought new and it now has 78k. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Never a moments trouble with it. I have replaced the tires once and a couple of front shocks. A few years ago, the fuel gauge started acting up, once you were below a half a tank, it would sink to empty, but I started using Chevron Techron at every oil change and that fixed the problem.

Not only has it been such a reliable vehicle, but so comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

These are very good SUV's !

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
lol Man i just hit 162,500 miles and my original wheel bearings just went. I've had it since 70k (No major repairs during that time) and since have only done tires, brakes, AC condenser and a rear bumper. Not bad if you ask me. These things are dead reliable.