I think it's bearing time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Not sure though. I'm hearing what sounds like a tack in my tire. It clicks with every wheel rotation. Does it with or without applying brakes, or regardless of what direction the steering wheel is turned. What do you think?

ChazMan

Reaction score
Sounds like wheel bearing gone bad to me. I had the same symptom/noise and it was shot front left wheel bearings. Don't drive like that too long if that's the case. It can damage wheel hub and will cost more than just $20 bearing.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these are sealed bearing hub units. the bearings themselves are not serviceable. you have to do the entire hub.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup i second what red says i had the same prob about like 2 months ago it was the bearings but you have to replace the entire hub ! its gay but solves the prob !

ChazMan

Reaction score
yup i second what red says i had the same prob about like 2 months ago it was the bearings but you have to replace the entire hub ! its gay but solves the prob !

How much did it cost you to replace the entire hub?

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new hubs like 6 months ago at NAPA for only like $120 a piece, couldv spent more on em but i trust the parts from napa so im not too worried about it

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the hubs/bearings are going, would you expect to hear more noise depending on which way you turned? I.E. if you heard more noise turning to the left, then the right front hub is the culprit?

Dropmech...put the front up and push/pull the wheel to see if there's any play?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100