I want to level.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to level my 2wd 07 tahoe. I wanna use this ccm 2.5" level kit:http://www.ccmoffroad.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=38 these wheels:http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/p-1785-bmf-wheels-novakane-6-lug-death-metal-black.aspx, and 33's if those fit. But the problem is, my dad thinks that leveling/lift kits are dangerous. I can't convince him by myself that they aren't and I can't find anything online about it so I need help with that part. If I can't level then I'd buy 24" black esky reps and then 3/5 lower it because he doesn't have a problem with that. The only reason I really need it leveled is that I go to a paintball field every weekend to work/play and it is rocky/muddy at times and I wouldn't wanna take a lowered tahoe up there. I could always get his truck muddy if it doesn't work out.

Here is my tahoe.
14bj9qs.jpg

Jdenton13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'll probably have a hard time finding anything dangerous about them because there are a TON of people that have them and never have any problems. The only thing I've seen is some not so mechanically inclined people having problems with install and that's few an far between.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't find anything and I showed him a lot of trucks that are leveled which still didn't help. I wouldn't do it myself, I'd probaly take it to like southern offroad or something.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a 6" lift and it feels fine. and ive had some pretty good mudding sessions with no problems.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think I'll have any problems but he keeps saying no. I guess i'll be lowering it.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A leveling kit isnt dangerous at all. It rides the same as stock its just basically raising the front end a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I'm ”leveled.” I have not had a single problem. Not one problem from leveling. I also have a 07. Find out exactly his problem. He's got a reason. If it has anything to do with changing the center of gravity, let him know it is minimal. My truck didn't drive any different after installing my kit. If he still has a problem negotiate a compromise such as wheel spacers. I'm running 1/4” on all 4 wheels. By widening the track you will be lowering the center of gravity. This actually made my ride slightly smoother.

Option #3 would be to tell him to let you or this Utah Man will do to him what the Utah Utes did to Saban in the 2009 Sugar Bowl -- beat him like a mule.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A leveling kit isnt dangerous at all. It rides the same as stock its just basically raising the front end a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what i'm saying. I'm going to keep trying until he gives in.

I'm ”leveled.” I have not had a single problem. Not one problem from leveling. I also have a 07. Find out exactly his problem. He's got a reason. If it has anything to do with changing the center of gravity, let him know it is minimal. My truck didn't drive any different after installing my kit. If he still has a problem negotiate a compromise such as wheel spacers. I'm running 1/4” on all 4 wheels. By widening the track you will be lowering the center of gravity. This actually made my ride slightly smoother.

Option #3 would be to tell him to let you or this Utah Man will do to him what the Utah Utes did to Saban in the 2009 Sugar Bowl -- beat him like a mule.

Haha I laughed at the last part but his problem is that he says it is built a certain way for a reason. He has told me that they are already top heavy. It is probably because he drives it sometimes but it is this or I'll have to drive his 72 ford which is his "toy". And what do wheel spacers do? Do they just let me put bigger tires without changing the way the truck sits?

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
I want to level my 2wd 07 tahoe. I wanna use this ccm 2.5" level kit:http://www.ccmoffroad.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=38 these wheels:http://www.wheelwarehouse.com/p-1785-bmf-wheels-novakane-6-lug-death-metal-black.aspx, and 33's if those fit. But the problem is, my dad thinks that leveling/lift kits are dangerous. I can't convince him by myself that they aren't and I can't find anything online about it so I need help with that part. If I can't level then I'd buy 24" black esky reps and then 3/5 lower it because he doesn't have a problem with that. The only reason I really need it leveled is that I go to a paintball field every weekend to work/play and it is rocky/muddy at times and I wouldn't wanna take a lowered tahoe up there. I could always get his truck muddy if it doesn't work out.

Here is my tahoe.
14bj9qs.jpg

My leveling kit is just fine. But keep in mind the trucks were designed at stock level for a few reasons, safety included. But to counter that, I'm putting on Aftermarket sway-bars to make the body roll less. Maybe take that to your dad, telling him that you will also put on some suspension parts that will make the truck safer than stock.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have thoughts similar to my dad. I'll try to see how that goes in the morning when he wakes up. Diabology, you just have the ccm leveling kit right?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968