Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you can't say tranny either! I agree the 4LSLIPPY is like the most prolific transmission out there. And this guy is in his 50's and claims to have been doing this for decades. So I really don't know whats going on.
Hopefully he didn't pull the junkyard core with the rattle can silver cast alum and called her rebuilt!! Used torque converter and all!! He giving you some sort of written warranty correct?? I'd call and file a complaint with my credit card company on him. I get sick and tired of seeing folks get finger banged, no lube, not even spit right in their wallet!! Haha!! This thread getting me all wound up!!

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he didn't pull the junkyard core with the rattle can silver cast alum and called her rebuilt!! Used torque converter and all!! He giving you some sort of written warranty correct?? I'd call and file a complaint with my credit card company on him. I get sick and tired of seeing folks get finger banged, no lube, not even spit right in their wallet!! Haha!! This thread getting me all wound up!!
Well I have an RO with 2 yr Unlimited Mile Warranty written on it. Also a list of parts and a $300 core charge.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In for an update!?! Or an afternoon laugh?? Are we certain he's working on the trans n not your muffler!?!
Ever heard "Header Ping"? Install a new set of thin wall headers and wonder what that pinging noise is? LOL! I've no clue other than 3 guys and some Hotline Tech are chasing a noise they believe is coming from the transmission. He did say after replacing the pump it was quieter. But now he's just given up and is going to swap out the whole rebuilt transmission. With a new/different TC, pump, and valve body. I believe he uses the PDQ Rebuild Kits. So, I imagine I won't hear from him until afternoon. (PST)

Screenshot_20211110-193612_Facebook.jpg

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever heard "Header Ping"? Install a new set of thin wall headers and wonder what that pinging noise is? LOL! I've no clue other than 3 guys and some Hotline Tech are chasing a noise they believe is coming from the transmission. He did say after replacing the pump it was quieter. But now he's just given up and is going to swap out the whole rebuilt transmission. With a new/different TC, pump, and valve body. I believe he uses the PDQ Rebuild Kits. So, I imagine I won't hear from him until afternoon. (PST)

View attachment 355208
New could be a win here!!!. Hopefully it's not a "new" unit from the LQK umbrella!!! Got to cross your fingers, arms, legs and your eyes hoping to get a good one!!

Yeah man I do apologize as I only came in here to continue the story. My truck starting to slip, well had been since Jan on the 1-2 shift. Does it once in a while. Probably be looking for a trans guy in the HTown come next summer. Hahaha.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New could be a win here!!!. Hopefully it's not a "new" unit from the LQK umbrella!!! Got to cross your fingers, arms, legs and your eyes hoping to get a good one!!

Yeah man I do apologize as I only came in here to continue the story. My truck starting to slip, well had been since Jan on the 1-2 shift. Does it once in a while. Probably be looking for a trans guy in the HTown come next summer. Hahaha.
Heck man after all this my nuts are crossed too! Speaking of, you might have better luck looking for your "trans guy" at night time. LOL! (I slay myself)

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck man after all this my nuts are crossed too! Speaking of, you might have better luck looking for your "trans guy" at night time. LOL! (I slay myself)
I knew this thread would deliver a good time!!

Just out of curiosity, post up the shop name or something. I'd like to add more depth to this saga and I'm sure the forum wants to know!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968