Idiots Are Everywhere!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE! We just received our Yukon back. (3pm) I spoke briefly with him yesterday at about 3pm and he told me he had completely swapped the transmission for another one he had his builder put together. This morning at 9am I called him back and he told me the surgery was a success and there was no more noise. He had it running for a long while and test drove it extensively too.
Since we still had his '08 Denali XL he loaned us still sitting in our driveway, I asked him if he could deliver our vehicle. We're an hour drive from his shop. He even had it washed then and driven here! Not a whole lot of bad things to say about someone that tries that hard and goes to these lengths to take care of a customer. I just wish he would've dropped his desire to fix it earlier and just replaced it. But I kinda get it. He's a conscientious, honest mechanic and not a great businessman. Maybe he learned something though. There's a point when you cut your losses, and stop throwing labor at something. Einstein's definition of insanity comes to mind.
So, hopefully this is it. The wife didn't let it sit 10 minutes before she jumped in and took off. At least I get my truck back now! LOL!

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's awesome!! I'm sure you are relieved. Glad it's fixed right this time and well its unfortunate the shop went through all that.
Thanks! Gawd I hope it's right, for both of us. I'm sure he never wants to see me again! LOL!
As a side note, popping the hood was kinda disappointing, Transmission Fluid all over the place. How do you not treat a customer's vehicle like your own and wipe up what you spill? Oh wait, after seeing his personal vehicle and office, that IS how he treats his own things! LOL! Some people just have bad habits, I'm OCD, and NOBODY can do anything that meets my expectations. It's Hell I live in!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thanks! Gawd I hope it's right, for both of us. I'm sure he never wants to see me again! LOL!
As a side note, popping the hood was kinda disappointing, Transmission Fluid all over the place. How do you not treat a customer's vehicle like your own and wipe up what you spill? Oh wait, after seeing his personal vehicle and office, that IS how he treats his own things! LOL! Some people just have bad habits, I'm OCD, and NOBODY can do anything that meets my expectations. It's Hell I live in!
I live in the same hell but with kids.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, I give up. Looks like I'm destined to be screwed no matter who I deal with. Yesterday I just HAD to crawl under the vehicle to look at the "new" transmission. The previous one was "purty", remember? This is what I saw.... now I'm pissed.

20211113_153852.jpg
20211113_154346.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968