Installed - Gmx550 Lockpick In 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I answered my question.

Here is a video I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UT-Z9llRhs&feature=related

Should the battery ground be disconnected before doing this install?

The legal answer is yes, but these are all factory plugs. If you short a wire doing this you have no right working on your own car.

That said, if you aren't confident and/or don't want to risk shorting a wire in your $50k truck, pull the ground on the battery.

shahshauhin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how does the parrot kit integrate with the system? i do not understand how they would match up. i am thinking of installing the lockpick, and additionally buying a parrot harness http://www.redtagcellular.com/products/ISO-Harness-GM-Bose-Stereo-harness.html to integrate with the stock deck.

i have the parrot Mki9200 and i want to be able to have bluetooth as well as music playback.

anyone successfully connected a lockpick AND parrot to the stock NAV/DVD unit?

Thanks,
Shaun

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the GMX550 in my 07 a few weeks ago. I also found it a pain, but i did manage to get everything behind the nav. However, it was so tight i am worried about damage to the wires over time and plan to move it under the cupholder. What parrot system did you get? I was looking into putting in bluetooth also.

Other than the Nav in motion, DVD in motion it gives full audio and video output from your ipod/iphone. Also allows the addition of more cameras.

Wait a second here... If I have Netflix streaming off my iPhone it will display on the video screen on my suburban??? If so, I'm buying this today.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes please explain the phone out put is that just audio from head phone jack or is this video some how?

sent from my thunderbolt

atalakoub

Reaction score
Wait a second here... If I have Netflix streaming off my iPhone it will display on the video screen on my suburban??? If so, I'm buying this today.

Yes, I use this in my car with the GMX550 (while parked obviously). I can't get the WatchESPN one to work, since they did not activate the output feature.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I use this in my car with the GMX550 (while parked obviously). I can't get the WatchESPN one to work, since they did not activate the output feature.

The video feed only displays on the in-dash screen, right? when I played a movie off of my ipod, i couldn't get anything to show on the rear screen.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

while parked? Are you saying it cannot be used while driving, or just protecting yourself legally, lol.

I am more concerned with streaming netflix movies from my phone and them displaying on the rear overhead TV for the kids to watch. (we have the entire package from Chevy)