Installed heim tie rods today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hrmm wonder if they have a set for the 2wd hoe's, last time I emailed him they didn't have a set for 2wd only 4wd.. I should email him back, I really want a set.

Yes. I get 100+ emails a day. Shoot me another so its on top

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you make something for a bagged dually to correct the front steering geometry when laid out?

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you make something for a bagged dually to correct the front steering geometry when laid out?

Typically.... Anything is doable. There definitely needs to be more information before anything is made though.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You don't want to swap the rod end to the lower part of the spindle or the steering will get all kinds of strange due to the knuckle design they have to be mounted on top. I'm certain the steering is much more positive but those heims will start to click on ya in about a year which isn't a big deal for most but some people are adamant in regard to their steering...I prefer moog or napa premium stock replacements as they're warranted and these trucks tend to go through tie rods, at least the way I drive on our roads in colorado anyway. Dope ass upgrade tho :cheers:

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to swap the rod end to the lower part of the spindle or the steering will get all kinds of strange due to the knuckle design they have to be mounted on top. I'm certain the steering is much more positive but those heims will start to click on ya in about a year which isn't a big deal for most but some people are adamant in regard to their steering...I prefer moog or napa premium stock replacements as they're warranted and these trucks tend to go through tie rods, at least the way I drive on our roads in colorado anyway. Dope ass upgrade tho :cheers:

Max, Like you stated, due to the taper of the spindle, they can't just be "swapped". We have different brackets available so that you don't have to "swap" the spindle end.

As for a year? I beat the ever living piss out of mine, put them through every terrain, and had them on there for 2 years+......NO issues. So to say you're positive that this kit will have an issue in just a year, is false. It's not just my truck that this has been proven on, but others as well. You might experience some noise due to the teflon lining, but it's not a clicking, it's more of a screech. Quick spray of lube solves this problem easily. The only times I've had the screech is after mud or sand (stuff weasels it's way inside).

Don't take this as a shot at you at all...just stating from what's been run on this kit.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Word, I just see heims on jeeps and such all day at work and though they're a much more precise steering component they will tend to develop a slight amount of play over time just like the cognito stuff and any other unconventional rod end. Even with slop/screech/play or whatever you'd like to call it they're still better than any stock part and I'm sure they're 10x stronger, just figured I would give some insight to the guys looking to run them on lowered trucks as they may not be as necessary on a vehicle with large wheels and 31" tall tires compared to the lifted peoples. I have absolutely no experience with this particular product so don't take it as a knock on these parts specifically :cheers:

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I can wait until a get some more money so i can pick these up. They should be around $120 cheaper than the cognitos.

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Word, I just see heims on jeeps and such all day at work and though they're a much more precise steering component they will tend to develop a slight amount of play over time just like the cognito stuff and any other unconventional rod end. Even with slop/screech/play or whatever you'd like to call it they're still better than any stock part and I'm sure they're 10x stronger, just figured I would give some insight to the guys looking to run them on lowered trucks as they may not be as necessary on a vehicle with large wheels and 31" tall tires compared to the lifted peoples. I have absolutely no experience with this particular product so don't take it as a knock on these parts specifically :cheers:

:cheers:

Everything will develop some play in it, whether it's a heim or the stock replacement from Moog. With how much the heim corrects the steering "slop" you obviously know which route I went :) You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes, even if you are lowered. Ask Cameron :beer:

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Word. I am still trying to figure mine out and it's got a similar heim end on the spindle now, just with a standard threaded inner. When my Tahoe is laid out, the tow is NASTY. Maybe this will be the answer. I'll keep everyone posted if anyone cares...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100