Installed Janzer Performance Fully Ported TB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoondueces

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey falcon. Would u still be interested in doing a throttle body write up? I have mine comin in the mail

97GT

Reaction score
hey how long did it take you to get you TB. I ordered mine over a week and have not received a confirmation that its being shipped. I emailed the guy asking for a tracking number and have received no response.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey falcon. Would u still be interested in doing a throttle body write up? I have mine comin in the mail

Hell yeah! do you hav basic tools? and star keys?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

hey how long did it take you to get you TB. I ordered mine over a week and have not received a confirmation that its being shipped. I emailed the guy asking for a tracking number and have received no response.

mine took 2-3 weeks...just keep emailing him.

just ait to see how long it takes to get your core charge back...lol

hes good peeps so far!

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I brought the truck into our garage this morning, and had the apprentice look at it to see why the new TB was sticking on idle.

He says it's because the butterfly plate is machined so close to the ported TB that is scratching the inside of the TB a bit off idle(closed). He pointed to the new score marks inside the TB to show me where the butterfly is gouging the inside of the TB. He figures that after a few more days of this, that things will settle down and be ok.

Funny that when brand new and shiny, you can see the polisher marks on the inside of the TB, and after only ~60kms the butterfly valve is scratching up the inside pretty good and that's why it's sticking, and the accepted solution is to let the butterfly continue to scratch up the inside until the grooves are well worn and the stickyness stops. He says that brand new GM's do this too utill the first few hundred kms or so. IDK.

Where do those metal particles from the scratched grooves go?

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
In the loop, under the valley, & maybe eventually on your drain plug magnet.

I dunno.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
You guys have had your TB for a few weeks now. Did the stickyness go away?

I'm not liking the bucking starts...:emotions122:

I've had mine the longest, it goes away. It will get to the point where you will feel it sticking but your acceleration will be smooth and controllable, it just gets better from there.

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mine took 2-3 weeks...just keep emailing him.

just ait to see how long it takes to get your core charge back...lol

hes good peeps so far!

Hope everything works out for you guys..Scott is a big tool!!! Id never recommend his products or services to anybody.. Google jantzer performance and you'll see why ;)

You guys have had your TB for a few weeks now. Did the stickyness go away?

I'm not liking the bucking starts...:emotions122:

IMO he's over porting the TB and its allowing the blade to close more resulting in the sticky issue... He's been to over port TB's before..

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO he's over porting the TB and its allowing the blade to close more resulting in the sticky issue..
Yup, that's what my Mech told me too, but the butterfly blade will score the TB walls and settle down, and after waiting a few days, it's working perfectly fine now.

... He's been [known] to over port TB's before

Ummm, isn't that a good thing? The way I figure, isn't that what we paid for?

Anyways, I have NO complaints about Scott's work. I was a bit leary at first, but I say now, if your on the fence, go for it!

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Hell yeah! do you hav basic tools? and star keys?

Yes I do

You can do this! If I can do this by myself, you can too! Those instructions are very good! You'll be fine and you will be done in 30 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts