Installed Janzer Performance Fully Ported TB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's what my Mech told me too, but the butterfly blade will score the TB walls and settle down, and after waiting a few days, it's working perfectly fine now.

Ummm, isn't that a good thing? The way I figure, isn't that what we paid for?

Over porting cause's idle and blade sticking issues if the same size blade is used..You can port it however big he wants but if he's not putting a bigger blade in it then he's over porting it..

jantzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over porting cause's idle and blade sticking issues if the same size blade is used..You can port it however big he wants but if he's not putting a bigger blade in it then he's over porting it..

The old days on ls1tech sigh. I run a better business these days and try day in and day out to improve. Back in the day I really experimented with coatings and processes and custom this and that and it really slowed me down. I was an artist so to speak and not very good on the business end. I over promised, not on purpose, and couldn't deliver on time consistently. But I always delivered a product you would be proud of.

That said, overporting doesn't cause blade sticking issues. If it's overported, the blade should be too small! I haven't had problems with overported ls1 cable throttle body's in years, probably 7-8 years. I port atleast 10 different throttle bodies and they're all different. Some get overported/bored on purpose with custom blades, as is the case with this vortec throttle body.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
Well speak of the devil lol..
I think it's safe to say I'm responsible for getting everyone into this ported throttle body mod, at least the Jantzer performance ones. That being said I've had mine since may 2010 and have no regrets.

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I don't think you would have a problem w/ the riser, but I know for a fact that you wont have to replace the gasket.

97GT

Reaction score
Ok well that's great news I've been pushing it off cause I dont wanna run into problems. I'm gonna run to the store tomorrow and pick up some liquid gasket just in case. Here are some pics of the TB and my motor

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...Hello Scott!

Got my deposit and all back! Still learning how to feather the pedal. Really think the spring on my OLD TB is shot is another reason why I saw drastic improvemet along with my other MODS. Black95 and MikeyBoi can attest...she can move!

Wonder how she'll handle with 8lbs thru her!

A+++ for Janzer and *** the BBB got it all wrong!

:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus