Installed neons on my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think red or blue can get you in trouble....my son has red and has been pulled over for it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slowstang305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Police colors, they will get you tickets and will get you in trouble. I used to run a car club here in South Florida so I have spoken to alot of police officers. I think you may be able to go to court and get away with it since I believe the handbook disallows "flashing red or blue" lights, but police officers don't really care for that. You have to check the laws in your state for the correct answer as each state is different.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they think it's gang related or what?? :think:

Yeah and if you ain't 50 (five O) u better not fly they colors lol. Biggest gang out there.

Neon is nice if it's subtle and u can't see the tubes. I'd do some behind my grill to show off an intercooler hehe or light up my amp rack.

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea stick with any color that doesnt belong to an emergency vehicle and you shouldnt get your balls busted (as much).

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I agree that it looks best when you cant see the tubes. I did a real good job of hiding them, but wiring was a *****. Even with my truck at stock height they still glow really good. Cops dont bother me about them, even though i ride with them on!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that sig quote. Easier said than done though. That's for sure!

One of my favorites is: "Tipping the scales and the wind shall prevail, and the boat shall forever sail."

ELIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, never thought of this one.

Curious though...any photos of the underside and how you installed it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52