installing long tube headers on my 2002 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory cats are high flow, no need to delete or gut.

Sooo.... If the factory cats are high flow, then a set of shorties and a larger diameter y pipe and post cat exhaust pipe should yield about the same HP increase as LT's correct?

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or am I wrong JennaBear?
asking because im about to pick up set, just unsure what route to take.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume if that were the case then alot more people would run shorties. I don't know but its my assumption.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shorties are just for sound really... no real gains. Long tubes help a decent amount.

OP
OP
ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got the long tubes and y with out cats along with the flowmaster kit the rest of the way back the dual rear side exit as far as installation goes i was surprised i had far more difficulty getting the factory exhaust off then installing new
also a side note im sure its to good to be true but ive yet to throw a code with the factory 02 sensors and before anyone says ive checked all the obvious reasons this would happen
anyone got any ideas other then 4.8 liter v8 with 145k miles is burning fuel with 100% effeciency LOL