Intellilink Screen Flicker - 1 min after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericandrews

Reaction score
On my 2015 Yukon today I noticed that at about 1 min after the car startup the 8" Intellilink Screen flickers twice. It happens every time you start the car. Not sure how to describe it, as if you were to hit the side of a tv and it goes crooked for a second and then comes back to normal. Except I'm not hitting anything.

I will try to capture a video of it today and post for everyone to see.

Is anyone else noticing this issue?

MortMan

Reaction score
I'm having this issue as well. It's annoying but I'll wait till my first oil change to have the dealer look into it

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
They said it was fixed with a radio software update that was applied last week. It was not, I am taking the Denali back in tomorrow to have them investigate the issue again. I will keep you posted.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seperate question....did you noticed anything different in radio software update? Any new features or more responsive. thanks

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
seperate question....did you noticed anything different in radio software update? Any new features or more responsive. thanks

I did notice some new features. The system now notifies me when I receive a text message an lets me display or listen to it read out. There may be other new features but I only had it back for 24 hours before it went back for service.

They have had it since Friday its now Tuesday. At this point I am getting very concerned. Technician mentioned that the issue is probably a power surge or drop but then need to direct where its coming from.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
They have had it a week as of tomorrow. According to the tech the VCIM was bad. They also stated a failed software update was applied causing it to loop. I'm not quite sure they know what is going on, they have been working with Remote GMC TAC. Anyway service said the issue is gone and I can pick it up today.

I will let you know what the paperwork says later.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
I received a call from the service manager a couple hours ago and they stated the vehicle was done and ready to be picked up. The screen issue was fixed? Lets just say the last hour has not been that fun.

I got in the car and noticed the top dash was out of alignment with the top of the screen dash. While I was still in the service area I pointed this out to my service technician and while we were looking at the dash the screen rolls and flickers again. This time they saw it plain and clear. I got out and requested the loaner back and told them I'm not taking possession of it. They said they are going to have to get someone from GMC involved as they have done about as much as they can.

At this point I'm pretty much done with this car. AZ Lemon law states 4 service visits for the same issue or 30 days of total service within the first 24,000 miles. This is my 3rd visit for the same issue, and on day 8 of service. I am going to request a new Yukon Denali, but I don't want one off the lot, I want it built new. Hopefully this will ensure they have worked out the bugs in production and I get updated components and software.

The service department has been extremely helpful and apologetic, I feel bad as I know they have done all they can.

tenbigblinds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My screen flickers on startup as well and sometimes during normal use. My weather is also down and no one can seem to fix it. (See Below). Service says "GM is aware of the screen flicker issue and is working on a fix". What should I do?

83bf7556c62d58e15a0c97691a313544.jpg

2015i Yukon SLT 5.3L
- Open Road (Nav & Rear Entertainment), Marimoto HID Upgrade, 24" Lexani Luxury Wheels, Pirelli Scorpion 305/35/24, WeatherTech Digital Fit, HMI (Video in Motion & Cell Mirroring) Upgrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610