Intellilink Screen Flicker - 1 min after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenielsen

Reaction score
Took mine in this weekend for some things and mentioned the Screen Flicker that I have noticed also. This is what was left in my vehicle, after the service advisor told me that GM is aware of the issue

Attachments

• IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that service bulletin. It looks to be updated since the one I saw in March. I'm glad they added the "While Driving" aspect. This was a difficult defect to show the service department because they only documented the issue during startup. I still have not heard anything from my dealer.

I mounted my GoPro last week and captured the entire day of driving. Edited into a 1 minute video showing all the times my screen rolled / flickered/ bounced throughout the day.

Last edited:

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine's been doing the same thing for the past couple months. Thanks for posting the video.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been doing this since I took delivery of it. Didn't think anything of it but now I have it into the dealer for the second time over this issue and now they are pulling the Bulletin card mentioned above. This is not going to fly with me. The dealer is supposed to call me to discuss tomorrow. I think the reason you are seeing this bulletin on so many of these cars is because they are all using the same crappy electronic computers. I feel GM cheaped out big here. Its just ridiculous some of the functions take a second or two too react after I press a button or command. I'm very disappointed. I head that GM was forced to upgrade the entire electronics Package for the 2016 MY because it was too crappy to work with Apple play and Apples standards. I wonder how true this is. I've checked out the electronics on a 2016 and it seems much improved so I'm inclined to believe it.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this issue affects the 2016s? It has been about 7 months since I reported this to GM back in February. They were hot on the fact that engineering was working on a software update fix. But communication has gone dark. I was about to reach out to my dealer again to light another fire.

targo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine flickers every time and about every 10th or so ride, the "browse" button will push itself and start scrolling through radio stations and eventually change the station. It's like a ghost is operating it. Whenever this happens, my NAV won't stay pinpointed to my location either. I've had it in the shop 3-4 times for "software updates" that obviously don't work. At last communication, they were supposedly working on a new software update that is supposed to fix the symptoms I'm having. That has been about 6 weeks ago now and no word back.

Frustrating as hell.

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
11-18-15 and I have this problem on my new 2015 XL also. The dealer did the old usual "could not duplicate" BS and I had to show him his own service bulletin that you all found #PIT5378B. He said to wait for a fix. Great......how long will that take? Does anyone know how to push for fixes on these bulletins at the GM corporate level? I'm afraid that they just keep blowing us off and GM won't know the scale of this problem. If our squeaky wheels keep calling GM (not at the dealer level) maybe they will fix or recall.

OP
OP
E

ericandrews

Reaction score
I just got a call from my local dealer Service Manager letting me know GM has released an update for the screen flicker issue. I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning to have this applied. Lets hope this is the fix.

I will keep everyone posted.

randsom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just the person I was looking for Eric! Yes please let us know the details so that we can push that back to our dealerships, because mine is playing stupid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtymax6610