Interior LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got them off ebay dont think from putco though i'm gonna have to fiddle wit them and take my time with it.

mine arent putco either, i just followed link from original poster...

they should fit, just jimmy the connectors around a little and youll be good! hope this helps

whats the bulb number...yall are killing me in replacing my bulbs haha.looks great

for which ones

Inside: follow link from original poster, i think they are 44mm festoon bulbs

Outside: 194/168

JasonS

jgs107
Reaction score
mine arent putco either, i just followed link from original poster...

they should fit, just jimmy the connectors around a little and youll be good! hope this helps

for which ones

Inside: follow link from original poster, i think they are 44mm festoon bulbs

Outside: 194/168

i was talking about the interior dome light bulbs.i changed the outside ones allready last week haha

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bulb size for the interior replacements are 44mm and 12.5mm width (think thats the width) follow the original poster and when the page opens up look down to the bulb size he brought then go to the sellers ebay store and bam you're next in line. enjoy becuz i do love the look

OP
OP
tool2269

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little late, but I've noticed the puddle lights only come on if it's dark enough to the light sensor. Just a thought.

yeah, i've been messing witht them only at night. i can see the puddles flash on when i unlock the doors(approach lighting)...i see my headlights/license plate lights stay on (exit lighting) when i exit..but puddles stay off. exit lighting is set to 2 minutes. i think its either a 2009 problem or a issue with just my car.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got mine from VLED.com and they are soooo amazing. a bit more expensive $12 a bulb but from the pics, i would say that mine are brighter....

i also got the puddle leds license plate leds and reverse light leds. what a difference.

although after seeing how cheap these are, i think i might have went this route:)

Which ones did you order from V-LED? I've ordered from them before and they are great.

According to the Sylvania website the bulbs are 212-2 which are a 41mm bulb.

I think I'm going to get these:
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/DomeMap-LED/White-LED/HID-WHITE-M-SMT-20-LED-p5108588-1-2.html

One of the sample photos is what looks to be a GMT92x truck.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which ones did you order from V-LED? I've ordered from them before and they are great.

According to the Sylvania website the bulbs are 212-2 which are a 41mm bulb.

I think I'm going to get these:
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/DomeMap-LED/White-LED/HID-WHITE-M-SMT-20-LED-p5108588-1-2.html

One of the sample photos is what looks to be a GMT92x truck.

These arrived today and the installed no problem. I had to squeeze a couple of the clips just a tad tighter but no biggie.

Should look good in the dark. I pointed the domes straight down and the maps a little towards each seat. I'll fine tune if needed.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they work. i see them flash on/off when unlocking the door. they just dont stay on constantly during exit

Hey you may have gotten your problem resolved by now, but if you have try this. Quick story: I just swith out some regular bulbs for LED's on my motorcycle and the where the regular bulbs always stayed on, the LEDs didn't. Problem is since LED's use so little current draw the vehicle doesn't recognize it's there. My bike did the same thing, blinkers would blink but it won't stay on as running light like the regular bulb did.

SOLUTION: You need a resistor to equalize the load to recognize the led, go talk to an electrician or any cycle dealership and they will tell you what size of resistor to buy. BTW they can be bought from radioShack. I see ur in Cove, you must be a GI

OP
OP
tool2269

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey you may have gotten your problem resolved by now, but if you have try this. Quick story: I just swith out some regular bulbs for LED's on my motorcycle and the where the regular bulbs always stayed on, the LEDs didn't. Problem is since LED's use so little current draw the vehicle doesn't recognize it's there. My bike did the same thing, blinkers would blink but it won't stay on as running light like the regular bulb did.

SOLUTION: You need a resistor to equalize the load to recognize the led, go talk to an electrician or any cycle dealership and they will tell you what size of resistor to buy. BTW they can be bought from radioShack. I see ur in Cove, you must be a GI

Never found a solution to this. I'll definately look into a resistor.

Not a GI or in the Cove..in Corpus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo