Interior lights come on by walking close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 22 z71 Tahoe and the interior lights come on and sounds like relays click just by walking close to it with the fob. If we keep the fob in the house close to the garage and move the fob it also does it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 22 z71 Tahoe and the interior lights come on and sounds like relays click just by walking close to it with the fob. If we keep the fob in the house close to the garage and move the fob it also does it.
normal depending on your settings in the vehicle

OP
OP
L

Liberty80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you turn it off? We have reset all the settings and all. My 2024 at4 doesn’t do it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you turn it off? We have reset all the settings and all. My 2024 at4 doesn’t do it.
you would have to read over the owners manual I do not have a T2xx but there is a setting in there for passive entry, turn it off
that should be it. when it sense's the fob it automatically does thing like prime the fuel pump and turn on the lights, radio screen, etc.
there should be a setting for the interior lights also under approach lighting I think

OP
OP
L

Liberty80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you would have to read over the owners manual I do not have a T2xx but there is a setting in there for passive entry, turn it off
that should be it. when it sense's the fob it automatically does thing like prime the fuel pump and turn on the lights, radio screen, etc.
there should be a setting for the interior lights also under approach lighting I think
I know about the passive unlock and lock. With Whst ours is doing you don’t have to touch anything. Just walk into the garage and interior lights come on and relays click and sounds like fuel pump kicks on with us standing outside the Tahoe and never touching it

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know about the passive unlock and lock. With Whst ours is doing you don’t have to touch anything. Just walk into the garage and interior lights come on and relays click and sounds like fuel pump kicks on with us standing outside the Tahoe and never touching it
it is still sensing the fob, there should be a setting to prevent that, like in the video all he is doing is walking up to it, you just do not hear the all the gizmo's coming on and it's daylight. that only happens after it has gone to sleep after 10-15 minutes. turn the passive entry off and then wait 20 minutes and see if it still does it.
also I think there is a distance setting on the t2's for the fob detection.

OP
OP
L

Liberty80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it is still sensing the fob, there should be a setting to prevent that, like in the video all he is doing is walking up to it, you just do not hear the all the gizmo's coming on and it's daylight. that only happens after it has gone to sleep after 10-15 minutes. turn the passive entry off and then wait 20 minutes and see if it still does it.
also I think there is a distance setting on the t2's for the fob detection.
We have but I will try again. In the video he hits the button on the drivers door though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have but I will try again. In the video he hits the button on the drivers door though.
check for a distance setting, it's been mentioned before but not sure where that would be found

also found this, might be worth a try
Chevy vehicles with Keyless Open allow the driver to unlock the driver's side door by pressing the driver's door handle button once when within three feet of the door. Pressing the button again within five seconds unlocks all doors. Keyless Open is enabled when the vehicle is delivered, but it can be disabled by pressing and holding the key fob's Lock and Unlock buttons for three seconds while the vehicle is off. The turn signal lamps will flash four times to indicate that Keyless Open has been disabled

and this

OP
OP
L

Liberty80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check for a distance setting, it's been mentioned before but not sure where that would be found

also found this, might be worth a try
Chevy vehicles with Keyless Open allow the driver to unlock the driver's side door by pressing the driver's door handle button once when within three feet of the door. Pressing the button again within five seconds unlocks all doors. Keyless Open is enabled when the vehicle is delivered, but it can be disabled by pressing and holding the key fob's Lock and Unlock buttons for three seconds while the vehicle is off. The turn signal lamps will flash four times to indicate that Keyless Open has been disabled

and this
I appreciate the info but ours has noting to do with touching the door button. Lights come on and clips and pump runs by just walking out side never touching the vehicle. I’ll get a video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rjnu