IPAD in dash install on OBS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it possible? i've done research and all i've seen is ones done on 01 and up tahoe's. my truck is the LT with the push button 4X4 and electric rear hatch and all those buttons right there next to the stereo. i put my ipad where the stereo is just to see if it would fit and how much space it will take up and looks like i'll have to relocate those buttons as well as the A/C controls. has anyone done this before or have any suggestions? mine is a 1999....

Black1996

Reaction score
I've looked into this alot also. The conclusion I've come too is either leave the dash the way it is and build a center console that meets the dash in such a way that you can put your iPad in it and use the armrest to toggle through the different features on the iPad or do the opposite and have the iPad custom flushed in the dash and run everything else in the same style of center console(alot more work). The thing with iPads is you still need a HU to run it so your options are limited, I've heard of people extending all the wires enough to stash there HU under the seat and the climate control up above in the overhead console. There is a lot of foolin around when it comes to making the iPad charge properly and also to be able to scroll through your music and everything else at the same time as it being able to play music through the stereo. If you are serious there is alot of installs on YouTube to different vehicles that should help you figure out what route you are looking to go. Search iPad install.

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but i ended up "fabricating" my own little bracket with the help of some velcro. Check it out:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597088.587952.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597088.587952.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597100.583150.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597100.583150.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 197
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597109.698029.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597109.698029.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 233
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597142.076701.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351597142.076701.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and bought a big peice of acryllic plastic at the local arts and crafts store here in japan, and then i cut it with my dremel tool to the approximate dimensions i was looking for on my dash. After that, i have this little blowtorch type thing that my wife uses to make creme brule and i used that to kind of melt the plastic so i could form it to the shap i wanted. If you do this, dont get the flame directly on the plastic or it will catch fire or bubble up real bad. Once i had it bent the way i wanted it, i put a strip of velcro on top of the dash right above my stereo and then a piece underneath the top part of the plastic peice i made. Sorry, i dont have a pic of that part. After that, i put a few pieces on the front part of the plastic and thne a few more on the back of the ipad that way it lines up just right on the plastic piece. This thing is sturday as can be and it actually sits pretty flush with the dash. It really doesnt stick out at all to where it can be annoying.
I connect it to my stereo via bluetooth so there are no wires anywhere, which is pretty nice. Not bad for a little bit of redneck ingenuity....

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Nice bro. So is the japan stores badass? Their vending machins look badass lol. I wohldnt mind going with my 2dr

OP
OP
jbuck07

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, japan sucks dude. I hate this country. Im only here because Uncle Sam needs me here. Thats all. This place is crowded and there is nothing but buildings everywhere. Driving my tahoe around is like driving a monster truck; everything is smaller.
But yeah, the vending machines are pretty cool. You can by just about anything from them.