IPCW Platinum Smoke tail install notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed these today on my late production 07. The instruction states that if installing on a post May 06 production date, to use the adaptor plugs. When I did, the turn signals didn't work. Troubleshooting revealed that my wiring (production date 5/17/07) was a combination setup. The 'upper' bulb plug uses the adaptor and the 'lower' bulb uses the Tahoe plug. The 'upper' plug operates the inner vertical LED strip, and the 'lower' plug operates the outer strip. I was surprised that only the inner vertical strip illuminates for braking.

Both are lit for running, and the outer blinks for turn/hazard. I verified this with their Tech help line.
I expect I will add one of the flexible Oznium LED light strips noted in the smoked tail thread.

Last edited:

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
post up some pics, ive been thinking about getting the same lights

OP
OP
dheadv8q

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a rainy night, but here you go

Attachments

• Platinumsmoke1.JPG
    Platinumsmoke1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Platinumsmoke2.JPG
    Platinumsmoke2.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Platinumsmoke3.jpg
    Platinumsmoke3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 80

macky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, looks good. i was considering the ones with the amber led for turn signals. your pics may seal the deal. any fast blinking.

OP
OP
dheadv8q

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, looks good. i was considering the ones with the amber led for turn signals. your pics may seal the deal. any fast blinking.

I had fast blinking when I followed the directions. Then I did it right. The directions were wrong for my truck.

OP
OP
dheadv8q

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I spoke with the guy at IPCW he was apologetic, and said it was really hard for them to figure out what GM is doing year over year...

Timmay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the smoke IPCW tails and for the money I paid I'm not really impressed with them lately. I drove behind my truck today and they're not as bright as I was hoping. Definitely not as bright as other LED's I've seen on other tails. So I started looking into eBay today and found these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Anyone else seen these or have them installed? The picture works out well for me because I have a white Denali so I like the way they look. I also like the 3 rows of LED's rather than the 2 on the IPCW. Problem is you can never tell how bright they are in a picture. So I'm hoping someone here has them or has seen them and could possibly compare them to the IPCW for me.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968