iPhone 6 wireless charging adaptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't try that one but it looks similar to the first one I tried that didn't work. The second one I tried, the one that works, is a little bit larger and I think it lines up in the car better. The link is at the beginning of this thread.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lyon, that's a 6 Plus isn't it?

It seems like the charging case would work if my phone was a tad smaller and could get flush with the place designed for it on the arm rest.

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's a regular 6. The plus wouldn't sit down in the channel like it needs to charge.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, it's a regular 6. The plus wouldn't sit down in the channel like it needs to charge.
That's my problem. I actually really like the charger case I got and it works great with the wireless charging station for the house. I hate that it won't work in my ride. The damn thing is just a hair too big to fit into the slot. If the aluminum trim piece around the armrest charger was just a tad smaller it would fit and I would be in business. With the size of phones these days, you'd think they would've made the slot a little bigger.

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my problem. I actually really like the charger case I got and it works great with the wireless charging station for the house. I hate that it won't work in my ride. The damn thing is just a hair too big to fit into the slot. If the aluminum trim piece around the armrest charger was just a tad smaller it would fit and I would be in business. With the size of phones these days, you'd think they would've made the slot a little bigger.

I think for them it's a trade-off between taking up too much of the armrest with the indentation for he charger and having it be big enough for today's larger phones. They've gotta make it somewhat indented so that the phone doesn't go flying around the car as one drives but the space they have is limiting.

gary645

Reaction score
I ordered one and it does not work at all - trying to get a refund through eBay. Also the Apple lightening connector has contacts on both side. This thing only has contacts on one side and is difficult to insert into the iPhone. Don't waste your time on this POC.

OP
OP
L

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, mine works great! Also, if you look in the phone you'll notice there are only connectors on one side. The cord has connectors on both so it's reversible but it's not technically necessary.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird, mine works great! Also, if you look in the phone you'll notice there are only connectors on one side. The cord has connectors on both so it's reversible but it's not technically necessary.

I have the same one you have and mine works fine also. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx