Is the tahoe and yukon rear applique (where the chevy rear bow tie is) different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't happen to document your install process for purposes of a write up did you?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a Yukon applique on my Tahoe (ran $130 with paint and install) and that thing was literally one of the hardest things to install ever! I eventually got off the Tahoe one and reinstalled the Yukon one, which is a direct swap once you can get the stock one off.
I now just have a Tahoe applique w/o a bowtie and the holes filled in, then smoothed and painted.

What'd you do with your yukon applique? Why'd you take it off and put the other one back on if you don't mind me asking? I think it's so much sleeker then the tahoe one.. on and btw how did you get the back tailgate glass perfectly smooth like that without the plastic handle thing?? I thoroughly inspected your pics and man.. there are little mods all over the place!!! i'll catch up...one day... haha

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I put the Yukon one on my tahoe and it wasn't a big deal at all. Of course I didn't care about salvaging the tahoe one. here's an up close picture of the yukon piece on my Tahoe

aefdf3a8-0781-816f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lookin CLEAN!!

Last edited:

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X a few. It's definantly different. I just had my bowties color matched.

Felix. Where'd you het that hitch cover. I rather that than the one we had on our 08 XL

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X a few. It's definantly different. I just had my bowties color matched.

Felix. Where'd you het that hitch cover. I rather that than the one we had on our 08 XL

I think eBay... if you want one i'll sell you mine for cheap! i'm thinking about going with no hitch cover until I get the $$ to get that esky bumper/trailer hitch cover.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a nnbs Yukon applique that goes above the license plate for sale? Just looked at buying one on gmpartsdirect.com and it's $108 after shipping... what a rip.

JimZ

Reaction score
I just put one of those chrome covers over mine. I think it adds something to the rear of my Denali...
DSC_0032.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat