Issues with Reverse and Takeoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can't back up a hill in reverse. Just sits there and shutters. If i put it in 4-low it will go right on. Also get this same shutter if i am pulling a trailer and take off a little hard. Any ideas of what could be wrong.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like low-reverse clutches are done. Check fluid levels and scan for trans codes.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about like what my 95' was doing last year, shuddered while backing up my 18' aluminum boat. Also would shudder from a dead stop if you got on it to hard.

Go ahead and have a Transgo HD shift kit put in it when they rebuild it. See if you can find a custom shop or independent shop with a good rep. Stay away from Amaco and the other chain shops. My rebuild cost $2100 with the shift kit and a few other custom mods.

OP
OP
T

TAHOETIM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah its a shudder, talked to a shop today and they recommended a Transgo tugger kit if i have it rebuilt.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its a shudder, talked to a shop today and they recommended a Transgo tugger kit if i have it rebuilt.

Tugger, that must be a new one. I'll have to look it up. My 99' has 135,000 and feels strong, hopefully it will last alot longer than my 95' transmission did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365

Latest posts