Iterior Dome LED upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Miles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone...thanks in advance for answering questions from newbie schmucks like myself...

I have a 2007 Yukon XL and I want to upgrade the interior lighting to white LEDs but I am having trouble locating the right kit.

The only place I have been able to find them is on CarID.com, but when I go to buy them, I identify my truck as a Yukon XL and the price suddenly goes from $77 to $254....does that sound right?

I tried HIDguy too but they seem to only have 2000-2006 kits.

Any advice is welcome! Just looking for where to buy these from since I certainly can't find them locally...

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds expensive to me. I would get all the bulb part numbers and go to superbrightled.com and order them seperatley.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is way too expensive for some little bulbs. Honestly, I bought (6) 3-SMD bulbs from V-LED's in 5000k, and they are the perfect brightness. I can see everything in my console and the interior is lit up very well.

The bulb size is 212.

OP
OP
M

Matt Miles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all!

I think I am going with superbrightleds for now. They have them for $4.74/ea. Its weird too on the vleds site....my bulb number is 212-2 but the vled equiveilent has a different type of fitting that wont work in my truck. My sockets have that horseshoe clamp that needs the rounded/bullet style bulb whereas the vleds seem to only have the loop-ended bulb...I printed out the vled's diagram and brought it out to my truck to match it up and yea, there is no way my sockets will hold those loop-ended bulbs.

Oh well...hopefully the SB-LEDS will work out, if they suck, at least I am only out $30...

Thanks again!

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy cheap lights...you will be paying more in the long run to get bright lights that dont blow out. There are alot of threads on the subject already. Here is a link to one: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2030

The reflector inside the lights are removable and make sure you get the correct temp. bulbs. I use 5k lights and they are pure white.

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all!

I think I am going with superbrightleds for now. They have them for $4.74/ea. Its weird too on the vleds site....my bulb number is 212-2 but the vled equiveilent has a different type of fitting that wont work in my truck. My sockets have that horseshoe clamp that needs the rounded/bullet style bulb whereas the vleds seem to only have the loop-ended bulb...I printed out the vled's diagram and brought it out to my truck to match it up and yea, there is no way my sockets will hold those loop-ended bulbs.

Oh well...hopefully the SB-LEDS will work out, if they suck, at least I am only out $30...

Thanks again!

Good decision. My frend changed out his lights a over a year ago in his truck and they are still running strong. I'm glad I could help!:waytogo:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oops, don't know why I said V-LED's up there, I ordered mine from superbright (although my reverse came from V-LED's). Ordered from SB again for my little brother's HHR. :D

murdr'd HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
v-led.com

i did a full interior and exterior LED conversion thru them and it cost me about $300. Very nice touch to the interior IMO.

Interior
Vanity LEDs
All 3 dome lights
LED strips under front dash and under driver and passenger seats

Exterior
Red Brake lights
Amber turn signals
White Running lights
White License plate
Amber side markers
White reverse lights

Forum statistics