Iterior Dome LED upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kal_59

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the tips! I ended up going with these and so far they are FANTASTIC. I would recommend them to anyone!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...8126&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_7169wt_1166

Now I need to get going on the exterior lights...I assume I can just swap out the factory incandescents with the LED's provided they are 12V-ready?

can you post some pics, I want to upgrade my Denali's interior lights as well, but not sure if I should go ahead on that..

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
inside

do they 'dim' when powering down?

also, how many would I need total? ebay says 2 for $10.

so I need 6 I think? Yes, I'm too lazy to go look... are all 6 the same?

Map light
212-2

Dome light
212-2

Trunk/Cargo area

License plate

I don't see puddle lamps listed; what # are those?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Matt Miles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I have been out of touch.

Yes, they do dim!

As for specs, I have an 07 Yukon XL - there were 7 total so I bought 4 pairs.

2 map
2 middle row
2 3rd row
1 cargo area

All factory lights were 212-2's - the link I posted in the original post were the 212-2 equivelents.

The festoon bases on these bulbs are SLIGHTLY more narrow than the incandescents I took out, so you'll just need to give the clamp-sockets a pinch before you install the new leds to ensure a tight fit....

I will say it again. I LOVE THESE LIGHTS!

Will try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mm size of the interior led's...

what size mm are you guys getting for the interior led lights? I know they are 212-2? Is it 42mm or 44mm? I'm getting some different inputs from the websites i've run across. I just ordered my exterior LED's but i'm confused for the interior.. can anyone who has done this tell me? Thanks for the help guys.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

do they 'dim' when powering down?

also, how many would I need total? ebay says 2 for $10.

so I need 6 I think? Yes, I'm too lazy to go look... are all 6 the same?

Map light
212-2

Dome light
212-2

Trunk/Cargo area

License plate

I don't see puddle lamps listed; what # are those?

I ordered these for both my puddle lamps and license plate... they are the same LED cross referenced number (194):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3642wt_1167

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones I installed and they are fantastic and give lots of light.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

When I installed I just pinched the holders together to insure a tight fit and everything is just perfect.

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Looking deeper I saw you have other questions. I have a Yukon XL so I have 3 lights that each take 2 LED's per light and then a cargo that uses the same LED lamp but only requires 1. So from ushd I bought 4 Packages of 2 laqmps per package and I now have a spare.

Your second question about dimming......yes they dim just like the oem bulbs do. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Bryansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the same ones that I used. Did you find that you had to modify your clips at all to get them to fit? If I had to do it again, I would use the 42mm, although getting the 44mm in was a pain, it still works.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I bought 44mm too. If You order some, definitely go with the 42mm. It would fit better. Although like said above, it still works.

xsrider8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
stay away from ebay for LEDs. V-LED's is the only way to go. keep searching and you'll find that people have several problems with the LED's off of ebay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52