Jeg's tune-up kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Tahoe2d4x

Reaction score
Thanks :) Fuel pressure regulator is next on the list...hard starts after sitting, old plugs were fouled out, and it smells rich even though I'm not getting a code.

You mentioned PO had intake gasket replaced. Do you know if injection unit was replaced at that time? I'm betting it's the old poppet valve injection and it's leaking.

If it wasn't and budget allows, you should consider upgrading the injection unit to Delphi FJ10566.

Comes complete with pressure regulator.

I did mine and it's well worth the effort. Night and day difference in idle, acceleration and better milage.

Peace.

OP
OP
619NJ

619NJ

Reaction score
You mentioned PO had intake gasket replaced. Do you know if injection unit was replaced at that time? I'm betting it's the old poppet valve injection and it's leaking.

If it wasn't and budget allows, you should consider upgrading the injection unit to Delphi FJ10566.

Comes complete with pressure regulator.

I did mine and it's well worth the effort. Night and day difference in idle, acceleration and better milage.

Peace.

I know for sure that the spider has not been replaced. I don't really know if I want to mess with that quite yet, but the cost is pretty reasonable. I may just hold off on the regulator and change the whole spider. Thanks for the heads up man. This is my first truck. Always been a Cadillac guy. Those things I know inside and out. This is a new venture for me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa