Kenwood or Rosen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Advent OGM1 and I can't tell you how good of a value it is.

Here's some info I posted a while back:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=401389&postcount=2

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I worked as a professional installer and fabricator for 7+ years.

can't tell me meaning you are questioning it...or can't tell me meaning you are so pleased with it?

I am just tossing it around, but I like the concept of bluetooth and such. Is the sound quality that much better than factory...I do have the Bose. Also, will the DVD work in gear or will the Lockpic be needed too?

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't tell me meaning you are questioning it...or can't tell me meaning you are so pleased with it?

I am just tossing it around, but I like the concept of bluetooth and such. Is the sound quality that much better than factory...I do have the Bose. Also, will the DVD work in gear or will the Lockpic be needed too?

I am very happy with the unit based on price point and ease of installation. I didn't notice a huge improvement in audio quality. It is at least as good as the stock unit though.

You will not need a Lockpic to use DVD while moving. There is a hidden menu that allows you to disable the lock feature. You don't need a wiring harness, converters, relays or any additional parts to integrate your factory features.

That Parrot Bluetooth is sweet. It pulls your contact list and call logs right up on the screen. The navigation is a little cumbersome until you get used to it.

There are better units for about twice the price to get all of the features you want and install parts. I've had Pioneer and Kenwood in prior vehicles. The Kenwood was my favorite but not worth the money at this juncture in my life.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

The iPhone / iPod / USB integration is good too. It comes with a cable for USB that will work with the white iPhone / iPod cable. You can also buy a dedicated iPod / iPhone cable that gives you full-speed control.

OP
OP
B

brandon327

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up going with the Rosen unit b/c it was a factory look alike. It also has the dual zone technology (meaning i can listen to XM throught the front speakers and the kids can listen to bambi through the rear speakers)

rgiorgio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kenwood

Kenwood just released their DNX6990. Very nice for the money.
In April they are releasing thier DNX9990. Im waiting for this one. All Kenwoods were very slow. The new 2012 models i just mentioned have new processors that 3 times faster.

SirJAG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the kenwoods dont have dual sound channels...no DVD for my son in the second row...thats not gonna work..

and if you have a bose system, then getting an aftermaket to play with it is way more expensive...

looks like its a rozen or 3K for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968