Key FOB/Remote Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02 Yukon Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Preparing to go on my annual hunting trip soon and I always hide a key in the frame rail. Just to make sure, I always lock the doors and then use the key I'm hiding to unlock the door, just to make sure it works. Did that yesterday and now my key fob isn't working properly. Sometimes it will lock the doors and then I can unlock the drivers door, but when I press the unlock button twice, it will not unlock all other doors like before. After that, sometimes it won't work at all. The key I have on the key ring with the key fob I'm having trouble with still works in the ignition and Yukon starts and runs fine. I tried the resynchronize process in the owner's manual, but that doesn't work. Any ideas on what could be the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks. 2002 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preparing to go on my annual hunting trip soon and I always hide a key in the frame rail. Just to make sure, I always lock the doors and then use the key I'm hiding to unlock the door, just to make sure it works. Did that yesterday and now my key fob isn't working properly. Sometimes it will lock the doors and then I can unlock the drivers door, but when I press the unlock button twice, it will not unlock all other doors like before. After that, sometimes it won't work at all. The key I have on the key ring with the key fob I'm having trouble with still works in the ignition and Yukon starts and runs fine. I tried the resynchronize process in the owner's manual, but that doesn't work. Any ideas on what could be the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks. 2002 GMC Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0.
try a fresh battery for the fob, the fob won't stop you from doing anything btw. It's just for convenience

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasgod

Latest posts