Knock Sensor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I got a CEL while down the shore last week and ran to autozone today to read it. Heres what it said

P0327
Knock Sensor 1
Circuit Low Output
Bank 1 or 1 sensor

I cleared the code and it hasent come back on. Is this something i can ignore?
When i was down the shore there was a flood and i was driving thorugh 3-4 foot waters for a couple miles to get off the island. My CEL went on then and showed the the battery was not charging. The belt was also slipping ALOT. I let the truck run for a while and the light when off and everything went back to normal, 2 days later a light comes back on but with no message. What should i do?

jordankreutzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My CEL came on and gave me a similar code, so I talked to a local mechanic and he said that they are fairly important. I just dropped mine off at the stealership today with hopes that they will get it fixed tomorrow. If I were you, Id plan on replacing your knock sensors soon. This can be done if you are the adventurous type, or just take to someone and let them mess with it.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
yeah im gonna get it looked at today, i heard that they throw off your timing and other stuff. I found one on ebay for cheap which is good

jordankreutzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're gonna take the time to take your intake manifold off, you might as well replace both of those little guys, wouldn't wanna have to go through the process in 3 months. I've also read that GM recommends building up a "dam" of silicone around the sensor holes, so moisture has less of a chance of creeping back in.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
yeah thats what i have heard, Im gonna do it all out. Its about time this motor needs some lovin haha

jordankreutzer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my yukon back the other day after having mine replaced, and its been awhile since the old gal has run this well! It just feels right now and i have a hard time keeping my foot out of it :naughty:

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
yeah i got mine back today too. The place said it wasnt the sensor but just a bad batch of full causing an error but thats a bunch of BS so im just waitin for the light to go back on

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
sometimes it doesnt come back. the same engine heat will evaporate the water it went in. if you must replace use silicone rubber thing so next time it doesnt happen again. this happen to me on my 00 suburban.

OP
OP
AquinoSteven

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my light came back on right away. This is the second time it has been cleared and it is running like shit. I has no ball at low rpms. Im just looking for a day to bring it back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx