Larger gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have towed with our Denali for some time and have to stop frequently to fill the gas tank. Does anyone know of a way or company that can install a larger tank?

Thanks!

Since the feds consider the gas tank part of the emissions on a vehicle, nobody touches them anymore. There is a company in Idaho that makes larger tanks for diesel trucks, if the openings are the same...

Stopping every couple hours while towing is good practice to make sure everything is aok on the trailer.

I considered this too. Now, Wavian Jerry Cans are my friends.

ycats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love the 3.0 diesel. My mileage without towing is amazing. Filling it up puts the computed range over 600 miles. Around town I avg 24. I've towed a bit with it and the highway avg drops down to about 17, but when I towed with my 6.2 prior, that same trip would be around 12 mpg. I do wish GM had a 35 gal tank option.
mpg.jpg range.jpg

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I had my '22 Silverado with the LM2, I was getting 12-13mpg whilst towing my 6500lb camper. That dropped to about 9mpg with the 6.2 in our Yukon. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison since they're not the same vehicle, but ya, that little diesel kicked ass. And yes, it ABSOLUTELY loved to drink the DEF. 500 miles to empty at it's worst when towing up and down grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtisleefarmer

Latest posts