LED z71 fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm wanting to upgrade the fog lights. I saw a guy today that had replaced his whole fog assembly with a led fog light. I was wondering who all has done this and what all it entails?pictures ? Couldn't find anything in the searches.

04 green Z71 Suburban lightly modding it and eying all the tips on this site

NorthernYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am interested in the same thing. I think I am going to research a little more on ebay for a light to mount in place of my housings.

OP
OP
B

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the same thing. I think I am going to research a little more on ebay for a light to mount in place of my housings.
They make a direct replacement for the 07 + housing and all but I couldn't find one for ours.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I see a lot of people doing is taking the OEM lights out and putting in a LED cube, much like the Rigid Dually lights. People I've seen do this make their own mounts out of flat stock and either weld or bolt it all together.

OP
OP
B

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to keep the factory look

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a pair - they look good on the truck but don't really put much light out on the road.

Went back to the Nokya yellow 5202

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with LED fog lights is they don't seem to ********* far as 55wHID. Anyone else notice this or do a side-by-side comparison?

OP
OP
B

brian.roberts.1293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for fog lights nit driving lights really so I'm not looking for 4 500 ft of light just brighter

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll probably get more light from aftermarket LED fogs than your stock halogen but it will be comparable. There are loads of them on ebay that'll fit either the circular or horizontal cut-out specific to Tahoe and yes people been doing this for years. Should be able to search this forum and find something i'd imagine but i'm late for dinner. Rigid industry makes some high end LED products that'll list off-road and aren't cheap. Your best bet would be to update your headlights with projection lenses with a cut-off and install an HID kit (for the brighter). Stay away from the real low end LED fog's or they'll may start to flicker as they degrade and fail. Be sure to check reviews on whatever you go with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarRa