lets see your 2door rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtx1800sba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
send commentary and play by play on the spider replacement. Am quite interested in results and level of difficulty.

vandaman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is mine last mods were new wheels, new tailights, carpet replaced, seat recovered, new componet speakers, and painted front turn signals and corner lights with nightshade and painted grille all in the past week lol. up next is gonna be shocks and breaks and ill proll paint the front and rea bumpers.

Attachments

• SAM_0120.jpg
    SAM_0120.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 48
  • tahoe 2.jpg
    tahoe 2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 69

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brett I know what you mean just a pain in the ass to sit there and do them.

and matt thanks for the info and the pics looks great man I like the look of your ride I think the black'd out lights will look good since I already have the black gaurds on there.

Thanks! If you need some more pictures or info on tinting them, let me know. I've done a few set's myself now, so feel free to ask.

bigred97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nice trucks

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

nice write up

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't say the spider replacement it hard if your mechanically inclined. Tore into the hoe today and pulled the old spider out, worst part was getting all the other parts on top of the intake out of the way to get to it.

i will say keep everything seperated out and write down/remember where it all goes.

taking mine a step farther and replacing the lower manifold seals since im loosing a little dex somewhere that has been yet to be localed, your already in there anyway and its a common problem with the vortecs. originally planned to pull it apart and throw it back together but after seeing what 190,000 miles of built up crud looked like in there its going to the shop monday to get tanked. its a wonder the old spider assembly was working at all with all the shit built up on/in it... and this is AFTER a can of seafoam... i have quite a few pictures (more of a reference for me on where all the brackets and wires go) but i can post those up after its all put back together if you guys are interested in seeing them.

gregsb

Reaction score
Justin,
please post your pictures up when you are done. I look forward to seeing them.

I am probably going to be doing mine next spring. I had originally thought the update was done in mine based on what the original owner had told me but after talking to him more he opted for the clean and service because the upgrade was too expensive from the dealer.

petesone08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
95 tahoe

last mod: 4bl TBI conversion and a custom x piped true dual 2 1/4" exhaust with flowmaster 40's mufflers and flowtech shorty headers

next mod: Dana 60 solid axle swap

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95 tahoe

last mod: 4bl TBI conversion and a custom x piped true dual 2 1/4" exhaust with flowmaster 40's mufflers and flowtech shorty headers

next mod: Dana 60 solid axle swap

looks good! what size lift and tires you have on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts