Lifted Tahoe project/daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003 6 in tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new here, and I figured I’d share my project here. It’s a 2003 Tahoe with 170k and a 6in lift. Right now it needs quite a bit of love and attention since I beat the shit out of it since I bought it.
It currently has a 6in lift, AEM cold air, and a new rear bumper done.
I’m replacing the dented passenger side door, both front fenders due to rot, front bumper, head and tail lights, front grill, and a new wiring harness for driver door. I’m getting them all for just $500 in a bundle deal. I’m also replacing rockers, fuel lines, and finishing up any holes in the frame then coating everything. I’m also widening the stance with 4” spacers in the rear and 2” spacers in the front. Hopefully I’ll get to paint it green, and I’m hoping to convert the Tahoe into a 6.0 4x4 off-roader at some point in the future. Here are photos of said Tahoe currently.
I’m posting this because I hope to be able to find advice of where to find certain parts, best parts to get, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_5757.jpeg
    IMG_5757.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5760.jpeg
    IMG_5760.jpeg
    405.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Lots of folks here with modded trucks, so you will find a wealth of great information here.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers are going to end up causing you more issues than they are worth and can be dangerous. Either run it as is or get different offset rims.

OP
OP
2003 6 in tahoe

2003 6 in tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spacers are going to end up causing you more issues than they are worth and can be dangerous. Either run it as is or get different offset rims.
Really? I’ve been told by multiple people it shouldn’t be an issue. I currently have 2” spacers on just the rear and it seems to be fine

ABN45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wheel spacers are not all that bad. Been running them for 2 years on my lifted 2015 2500HD Silverado with no issues and yes that means some overlanding and some mud runs.
However if your going to run some spacers keep them the same front and back. Running odd spacers on a lift can effect tract width overtime and uneven wear.
Just what I have noticed over the years from others.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed - wheel spacers can be dangerous if misused. Absolute largest I'll use are 2", absolutely must be hub centric, and high quality studs in the spacers. Some spacers use a lower grade stud than factory. Actually use a torque wrench instead of an impact with spacers as well, and double check spacer to hub torque after 50 miles, then check wheel to spacer torque after another 50.

Wider offset wheels can also cause issues due to increased stress on wheel bearings, but that will just create more maintenance and repairs for you - less significant in terms of a safety concern.

If you are planning to off road it, double points in favor of keeping stock offset and minimal or no spacers at all. That's just adding stress to the already stressed parts, and if you're wanting to run large offroad tires you will be able to fit larger tires with stock offset. The sweet spot is 1.25 to 1.5" wider offset in terms of tire fitment. Any wider and you are shrinking the size tire you can fit again due to the swing when steering.

1726623816262.png

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Really? I’ve been told by multiple people it shouldn’t be an issue. I currently have 2” spacers on just the rear and it seems to be fine
Shit I’ve ran 4” spacers before
I’ve had bare minimum 2” spacers on 14 wides for years with no issues the key is a good heavy duty front end and wheel bearings or the offset wheels and wheel spacers will eat that shit for breakfast kryptonite stuff has held up to my abuse and salt water conditions no probablem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms