Light bar inside behind windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be surprised how little flashback you get. I have strobes inside the glass front and rear. The output is likely lower than yours, but with zero sheilding I still don’t have a lot coming back.

I was thinking about the police lights when I was planning how to do mine. Alot of time they hang off the visor mounts that's where I got that idea and normally they don't shield them much. I don't think glare will be to bad from what pictures I have found of people who mounted the light inside most barely shield if at all. What are green lights for?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those green (looks green, but colors in pics can be deceiving), and what are they for?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes green. At the time I was trying see if anyone would buy into the UFO thing. I had a Project Bluebook reference plus an ET inside.

now I just tell folks it’s fir when I need to get to a campsite fast. ET is still hanging out. plus the overall demeanor just encourages folks to move aside.

1AF6952B-8B9A-467E-8AF4-50D897873D5E.jpeg B0BD1EDB-FC6E-4C43-9203-AB09ED3628AF.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes green. At the time I was trying see if anyone would buy into the UFO thing. I had a Project Bluebook reference plus an ET inside.

now I just tell folks it’s fir when I need to get to a campsite fast. ET is still hanging out. plus the overall demeanor just encourages folks to move aside.

View attachment 273833 View attachment 273834
You turn them on while you’re driving?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You turn them on while you’re driving?
That's a big negatory. Only offroad or off the ROW. Except the one time a friend rolled his Yukon XL 3X on a blind curve. I went uphill a few hundred yards and parked with them on to warn others. A game warden, deputy sheriff, and state trooper all saw what I was doing and didn't say a thing.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a piece of 18 gauge sheet metal 65x12. And some paint. tracking info says light bar will be here tomorrow. Kinda excited to get parts I like fabrication

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have started didn't get far before got called to go get other truck from shop where it was getting alignment and inspection. Got template figured out for the mounting brackets. will cut and bend them when I get back. I don't have torches so I will kerf the bend lines so I can get tight bends then weld along them after bending. When I get them good I will start to work on the shroud ignore the spot where the marker decided to bleed extra paint lol one down side to this plan is I will have to lower rear view mirror almost a inch not a huge issue and could be avoided with a smaller light bar. i got a huge 4 row light bar
IMG_20210326_094812503.jpg IMG_20210326_135601160.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have started didn't get far before got called to go get other truck from shop where it was getting alignment and inspection. Got template figured out for the mounting brackets. will cut and bend them when I get back. I don't have torches so I will kerf the bend lines so I can get tight bends then weld along them after bending. When I get them good I will start to work on the shroud ignore the spot where the marker decided to bleed extra paint lol one down side to this plan is I will have to lower rear view mirror almost a inch not a huge issue and could be avoided with a smaller light bar. i got a huge 4 row light bar
View attachment 274407 View attachment 274408
How are you going to get that mirror bracket off the glass without breaking it? I used to do auto glass and we used alcohol, lit on fire. But that was with the windshield laid flat on a bench so you could put a big pool of it on there and add more if needed. It takes a lot of heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx