Locking lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
What I think he's saying is that some wheel centers have a center cap that covers all the lugs (you don't see them); these lug nuts will not work with them if they are too long......

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I think he's saying is that some wheel centers have a center cap that covers all the lugs (you don't see them); these lug nuts will not work with them if they are too long......

Ah - They are 1.5inches tall... so depending on how much space you have, I suppose they may or may not work.

41LiBRsymsL._AA280_.jpg

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
They work well on most aftermarket wheels for these trucks. Gorilla part # 26144HT or pro comp 26144, both splined locking lug kits for our trucks

gor-26144ht_w.jpg

I had these for awhile, till I noticed, ANYONE CAN GET THEM!!! Go with Gorilla locks, they are usually one of a kind, or much harder to get a duplicate. With the above mentioned, others can get them, and much easier to steal your wheels, which aren't cheap. Gorillas are the best, IMO. But like already stated, if someone wants your wheels, they are gonna get them, even if you have locks, just makes it harder, and hopefully you will hear them before there done. But YES, GET WHEEL LUG LOCKS FOR SURE!!! Cheap investment for protection of an expensive investment. Also, get a tilt sensor for your alarm, that way your alarm will go off once truck is tilted. Again, cheap investment for peace of mind.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I prefer gorilla guard locks...

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla.guard.locks

They have a spinning outer sleeve that prevents the wheel-lock remover tools from working. Like these:

http://amzn.com/B000OUZBNC

Those tools (which you can also get at your local Sears hardware) will remove any standard locking lugnut.

The sleeves on the gorilla guard locks prevent those tools from working... the only way to get them off is to destroy the wheel while doing so.

Replacement keys are $10 from them, so its not expensive.

And the set for our trucks are 14mm x 1.50 p/n 61641 and cost only $18 on amazon:

http://amzn.com/B002801NI8

Just to let you know, I have taken Gorilla guard locks off very easily!!! Not gonna tell you how, but can be done no problem. Anything can be done if you want it bad enough!!! Locks just ensure it will be harder, but nothing will prevent them from being removed. TRUST ME!! If someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. Life sucks, just do what you can to prevent A holes from messing up your day. But yes, Gorilla locks IMO are the best I have used so far. but there are some others that are pretty good, so I have heard. wish I could help more.

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to let you know, I have taken Gorilla guard locks off very easily!!! Not gonna tell you how, but can be done no problem. Anything can be done if you want it bad enough!!! Locks just ensure it will be harder, but nothing will prevent them from being removed. TRUST ME!! If someone wants it bad enough, they will get it. Life sucks, just do what you can to prevent A holes from messing up your day. But yes, Gorilla locks IMO are the best I have used so far. but there are some others that are pretty good, so I have heard. wish I could help more.

Gorilla makes some 9 different kinds of locking lug nuts.

Just to be clear - you removed the Gorilla Guard locks easily? The ones with a sleeve around them that spin freely?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly? If I really wanted your wheels and you had locks, I'd just take your whole truck. Takes less time than removing the wheels (<45 seconds vs several minutes). Plus it looks far less suspicious.

st2.jpg

Once I got it back to the garage, weld a nut on the gorillas and take em off like any other nut. or liquid nitrogen + air chisel.

Last edited:

deadringer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly? If I really wanted your wheels and you had locks, I'd just take your whole truck. Takes less time than removing the wheels (<45 seconds vs several minutes). Plus it looks far less suspicious.

Once I got it back to the garage, weld a nut on the gorillas and take em off like any other nut. or liquid nitrogen + air chisel.

There's wisdom in this. :)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I meant:Handshake:, I already have two gorilla locks per wheel right now so I may just get a tilt sensor.

OP
OP
rgaffney

rgaffney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting at least a couple of these gorilla nuts and a nice viper alarm remote start

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr

Latest posts