Lockpick GMX560 vs iSimple ISGM651 - which should I choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
So I've been doing a lot of digging since picking up my Escalade and it seems like these are the best 2 options to upgrade the factory radio and provide me options for hooking up my iPhones/iPads to the stock radio. I wanted to get feedback from everyone as to what they think the better unit is.

It seems that the GMX560 offers more features but it almost seems that the iSimple device is more user friendly and reliable.

Let me know your experience with either device and why you chose either one over the other.

4rs fed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the ISGM651 and it works awesome. It doesn't have any video inputs, but I use the AUX input just fine.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.. I'm not all that concerned with the video honestly. I think it would be nice but not necessary. The only people I would care about video for is my kids, and the DVD and factory aux input will cover them just fine.

The more I look into it, the iSimple seems like the way to go. I welcome any additional feedback from anyone but pending some disaster story, I think I'll be getting the ISGM651 here in the near future.

ShaneD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the iSimple also and it works well. Definitely nice to have the bluetooth functionality. I also installed the factory GM USB jack in the dash and connected that to the iSimple. There are a few bugs that causes the menu to act funky on occasion but overall its a nice unit.

OP
OP
Effeckt

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Yeah I ended up putting in the ISimple unit and like you said, there are occasional menu bugs I've noticed but I can live with those for the added functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virgorabit

Latest posts