lookin to replace the muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubZX

Reaction score
as the title says im ready to give the hoe more of a growl. i wanna go with magna flow but im kinda stuck between two mufflers one is the 12589 and the other is the 13259. searched all thru the forums and youtube to try and get enuff sound clips of these two on a tahoe but couldnt find enuff to make up my mind so if any of u guys have these two mufflers on ur hoe could u give me ur thoughts on them

thx in advance

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
I got the Magnaflow muffler that comes with the 15666 Cat Back kit. I love the way it sounds, but it drones like crazy in the cab. I put down sound deadener in the floor and that helped a little, but it's still loud.

Magnaflow customer service said "all performance mufflers drone", and it was normal.

I won't change it out just because of that though. It really sounds sweet when accelerating, and WOT is freaking awesome.

BH

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I just bought this cat back system (Magnaflow 15666). Have not received it yet, but I'm having second thoughts about it now. I've read conflicting reports. Some say it drones like mad, some say there's no drone whatsoever. What gives? I figured I'd save some money by not buying the Corsa, but if it drones I'll end up with the Corsa anyway.

OP
OP
BubZX

BubZX

Reaction score
dont want somethin thats annoying loud just want somethin with a nice mid deep tone

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa is the way to.... u get what u pay for... magnaflow, flowmaster, and other equal brands, drone so much it will actually drive me crazy... Corsa has No DRONE! Im saving some cash for a corsa catback.... prob. next month or so....
a note from the Corsa co.
No Drone - This is what sets us apart from other exhaust manufacturers: RSC™ technology eliminates "problem" frequencies that cause interior drone/resonance at cruising speeds. You can add CORSA and enjoy your car at idle, on acceleration and while cruising down the road.

So that and all the positive reviews won me over....
good luck with those mags.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont want somethin thats annoying loud just want somethin with a nice mid deep tone

That's what I wanted when I was looking for a muffler. I took my time and did a lot of searching, and I found the perfect deal (IMO). I got a brand new Thrush - Welded muffler for $42, and it souds great! Perfect throaty sound at low RPMs, but quiet when at steady speeds - NO DRONE! The quality is great, the sound is great, the price is Awesome!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
If I had the cash handy, I'd definitely get the Corsa system. I like the way it sounds, deep on acceleration but almost nonexistent at speed.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's going to reccomend what he sells probably.

Last edited:

bahollis

Lead Foot
Reaction score
Exhaust Drone

I just bought this cat back system (Magnaflow 15666). Have not received it yet, but I'm having second thoughts about it now. I've read conflicting reports. Some say it drones like mad, some say there's no drone whatsoever. What gives? I figured I'd save some money by not buying the Corsa, but if it drones I'll end up with the Corsa anyway.

Boomer, it drones. Trust me. I even talked to the Customer Support guy in California and he didn't say "hmmmm, I've never heard of that" or "maybe it's a faulty muffler". He said "All performance mufflers drone. Some more than others. It's the down side to a high flow exhaust."

The 15666 is loud as hell at 75mph in my truck. It sounds like someone's sitting behind me humming. Now, I have an AWD (no overdrive) so it always sounds like it needs to upshift when I'm driving on the highway.

BH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts